Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2015 BOM Issue - Inseperable Children Promotion

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
ChrisMann6035
263 Views, 2 Replies

Inventor 2015 BOM Issue - Inseperable Children Promotion

Greetings,

My understanding is an inseperable assembly within another assembly will not promote its children when expoting BOMs. This is not how my installation is behvaing, however. I have also tried selecting purchased rather than inseperable, but it does not change this.

It has been a couple years since I have worked with this, but has something changed in recent versions? A new setting perhaps? Or am I just confused?

Chris Mann

SELEE Corporation

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mcgyvr
in reply to: ChrisMann6035

Not exactly sure what your problem is..

maybe some of the descriptions/characteristics from here will help.

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2014/...

All I can say is use insep/purc/phantom as you would in the real world. 

Inseperable is mostly for weldments/riveted/glued subs.. Is that what you have..

Or what exactly are you trying to do?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 3
ChrisMann6035
in reply to: mcgyvr

I went back and read the descriptions of the BOM types and I was mixing up the two types. It is clear I was using parts only for this type work in the past, but I had forgotten.

Thanks for pointing me to the solution!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report