Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inventor 2015 and inventor fusion query

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Angusw
357 Views, 2 Replies

inventor 2015 and inventor fusion query

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is entirely the correct place to post this but it can potentially either be here or the inventor fusion section.

Anyways i work as an it assistant in a school, We recently upgraded our tech suite to the 2015 autodesk software however we have ran into an issue. The students here used to make stuff in inventor and then they'd use inventor fusion 2013 to make fast modifications to there designs easily, streching etc. However it seems that recently that inventor fusion got discontinued and obviously inventor fusion 2013 cannot open the 2015 files.

Now it is to my understanding that it got replaced with fusion 360 which is a cloud based service but that also doesn't seem to have a solution for installing in the classroom as the education license does not allow lab use.

Now i'm not really familiar with your software since i just help install it etc so i was wondering if there is anyway to reproduce what the students did in inventor fusion 2013 in the new 2015 suite that may have been missed by us?

Regards Angus.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: Angusw

@Angusw wrote:

1. ....they'd use inventor fusion 2013 to make fast modifications to there designs easily, streching etc. ....

2. .... fusion 360 which is a cloud based service .....education license does not allow lab use.

1. In my opinion it would be faster and easier to do Inventor modifications in Inventor.

2. We have installed in our edu labs - not sure where you got information that edu license does not allow lab use.

In any case - it is my opinion that Fusion 360 is not ready for classroom use.  (I emphasize that that is opinion.)

In my opinion your students would be better served by concentrating on Inventor.  I have not discovered any value in Fusion 360 for professional-led classroom instruction.

Also - if you lock down your computers (as we do) keep in mind that Fusion 360 is on a rapid release schedule every 6-8 weeks and might be a problem for lab updates.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 3
CCarreiras
in reply to: Angusw

Hi!

In Inventor 2015 you have a tool that works well for these kind of fast modifications you refer (Direct Modeling)

Check the tool : DIRECT

Clipboard06.png

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

CCarreiras

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report