Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2015 3D dwf issues

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
x_re
632 Views, 3 Replies

Inventor 2015 3D dwf issues

Hi all im hoping somebody can help me as after the last few days searching I havent been able to find any answers.

I am new to the whole 3d and 2d scene in fact only a few weeks but enough about me.

My problem is this I am currently building in inventor 2015 and thought all was going well and looked at making a dwf file for a360 for my phone to show others my progress, after making and viewing one successfully I had realised that I had put an extrusion on the wrong face so deleated it and corrected the mistake, then carried on with the project. A few days later went to make a new dwf file and it opened up the design reviewer after I had saved so I closed it down and there was a message box saying "the selected DWF file contains no 2D markup data, would you like to open this in design review?" I have no idea why or how this has happened, if anyone can help or point me in the right direction I would be very greatful.

I have been using the method to create the dwf file of save as and adding the .dwf at the end.

Many thanks in advance and more if it can be solved

Stan

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Logos_Atum
in reply to: x_re

Hello Stan,

did you export a part or an assembly as DWF? Also did

you enable or disable the "markups" in the export dialo-

ge? I don´t know if you need them or if you don´t need

them by now.

Perhaps the DWF writer is more versatile at it? I don´t

think so, but it could be wrth a try...

Kind regards

Daniel

Dogs aren´t flammable.
Message 3 of 4
x_re

it was just a save as then all files with .dwf at the end, I have tried the export was with mark ups turned on and off and most prob every combination of options but with export it asks me to save before the reviewer opens but it shows it fine in the reviewer the only things are the save button is greyed out but save as is not and the build is the generic grey not the colours I have assigned, but even when I have tried that way, when I've uploaded it to a360 it won't generate a preview and says it couldn't load. it's the assembly that I've tried it with as that's what I used when I first tried it and worked, I hope that makes sense.
Message 4 of 4
Logos_Atum

Hello Stan,

makes sense now... as if the change to the IPT made the

difference. I am a little startled about the materials gone

missing. Could you try to make a pack and go of the as-

sembly? Don´t forget to not skip the libraries. Could solve

the material issue. 

Also- to get to know if it is the IPT you made the changes

to- try to save a version without this particular ipt. Try the

export. Then place the IPT and go again. If the materials

are showing after the pack and go- try it for the

modified assembly.

Also you should try to export the modified IPT as a DWF on

it´s own too.

I know it´s tedious, yet to get to the core of the problem, you

should try this way, to rule out the factors one by one.

Kind regards

Daniel

Dogs aren´t flammable.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report