Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2014

32 REPLIES 32
SOLVED
Message 1 of 33
thomasangel614
643 Views, 32 Replies

Inventor 2014

Hi Guys!

Im new to all of this so if anybody could help me out that would be great! I recently go Inventor 2014 and dont fully understand to use it yet. I have lots of knowlage of AutoCAD but not inventor. My problem is whenever i draw a sketch and try to add it to an assembly, this message pops up.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The assebly could not be saved because a different level of detail representation is being edited. Please close all other level of detail representaions to continue with edits.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This pops when i go to use the frame editor. it also pops up when i go to use the miter tool. if someone could help me out it would be greatly appriciated!

Thank you!

Thomas Angelucci
32 REPLIES 32
Message 21 of 33
LT.Rusty
in reply to: thomasangel614

Oh, that.

You saved your file to a location that's a defined library in your project file, and it's therefore not editable.  Put it somewhere else, you'll be fine.

Look at your project file, and see where it has your location defined.  That's where you want to save your files.  Ideally, you'll probably want to set the location to something that's a top-level directory in your fastest hard drive.  My workspace location, for instance, is located in C:\DESIGNS\

Rusty

EESignature

Message 22 of 33
thomasangel614
in reply to: LT.Rusty

O my god man your a life saver! thanks a million!! would you like me to send you the other message that was poping up?

Thomas Angelucci
Message 23 of 33
LT.Rusty

Yep, send me the error you're getting, and also attach the assembly file.

Rusty

EESignature

Message 24 of 33
thomasangel614

It just started working now. it popped up when i would go to use the frame generator. Guess it's because i had it saved wrong.

Thomas Angelucci
Message 25 of 33
LT.Rusty

Glad it got sorted out, then!

Good luck, and keep practicing.  You definitely want to take the tutorials linked to in JD Mather's signature line and go through those.  They're mostly from an earlier version of Inventor so some of the tools are in different places now, but they more or less work the same.  They'll really give you a good solid grounding, a good foundation for future experimentation.

Rusty

EESignature

Message 26 of 33
thomasangel614

Thanks! you sound like you know what your doing. so if ! had any more questions could i ask you?

Thomas Angelucci
Message 27 of 33
LT.Rusty

@thomasangel614 wrote:

Thanks! you sound like you know what your doing. so if ! had any more questions could i ask you?

Just post a new thread - there's a lot of people here that know what they're doing, and the more people that see a question, the faster it'll get answered.  🙂

Rusty

EESignature

Message 28 of 33
thomasangel614

Thanks a million!

Thomas Angelucci
Message 29 of 33
JDMather

@thomasangel614 wrote:

Thanks a million!

Send the million to JD Mather at ....

I promise I will split it evenly with the others.    Robot LOL

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 30 of 33
LT.Rusty
in reply to: JDMather

You can have his million this time - I just got my pens, so I'm happy enough for today. Robot LOL

Rusty

EESignature

Message 31 of 33
thomasangel614

Capture 2.PNGone more question for you. if were trying to connect parts and the assembly, how would i do that?

Thomas Angelucci
Message 32 of 33
JDMather

Edit the part within the context of the assembly and Project Geometry edges from the existing part into the new part.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 33 of 33
thomasangel614
in reply to: JDMather

sorry not very good at this. how would I do that?

Thomas Angelucci

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report