Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2014 wont emboss the letter q using scripts font

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Raid.n.t
1199 Views, 4 Replies

Inventor 2014 wont emboss the letter q using scripts font

Hi,

wondering if anyone has ran into this issue before as well?

start a new part file and create a box or some sort of basic extrusion, create a sketch on the face and put a piece of text on that sketch.

change to font to "ScriptS" and the text size to 4mm (although i dont think it matters)

type in the text box lower case q, finish the sketch and try to emboss.

Inventor fails due to self intersecting loop

as a work around we changed the font to something similar, however i just though it was strange

Cheers,

James

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi james.n.tennent,

There have been questions on this subject in the past (although I just searched and didn't find them). But unfortunately I don't recall a solution other than the workaround you chose, and the workaround of creating the text in AutoCAD and exploding it into lines, and then copy / paste those lines into an Inventor sketch.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 3 of 5
BeKirra
in reply to: Raid.n.t

Congratulations! You have found a bug. Smiley Sad

I just tried and got the same result.

With the letter "q" using "ScriptS" font in lower case, it can't be used as a part of any text for embossing.

Please mark "Accept as Solution" and "Like" if my reply resolves the issue and it will help when others need helps.
= ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ =
A circle is the locus of a cursor, starting and ending at the same point on a plane in model space or in layout such that its distance from a given coordinates (X,Y) is always constant.
X² + Y² = C²
Message 4 of 5
LT.Rusty
in reply to: BeKirra

It is a bug, yes, but it's not in Inventor so much as it's in the font.

A well-designed font will not have overlapping profiles in the vectors used to generate the font.  Unfortunately, from just looking at the text created by the font, there's no real way to tell if the font designer was lazy or not.  Some of the fonts that I'd love to have available, and would probably use just constantly, suffer from this issue.  😞

Rusty

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
b_grogean
in reply to: Raid.n.t

Although it could be you doing something wrong,

Inventor has glitches when it come to making embossing script bold.

The designer of the script file neglected to add points at the curvature intersections and so you get the error. "self intersecting loop found in this profile. Remove the intersection by adding a sketch point.......blah blah." So if you like this script you will need to turn off bold.

Thanks, Hope that helps

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report