Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2014 + Windows 8 Thumbnail issue

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
haertjens_jonas
917 Views, 2 Replies

Inventor 2014 + Windows 8 Thumbnail issue

Hi all...

I'm currently using Inventor 2014 on a Win8 64 bit system.

A short week after installation, the thumbnails in windows explorer weren't visible anymore.

Furthermore: right clicking an inventor file in windows explorer didn't show the iProperties button. The details window of a file is now as ordinary as any other non-inventor file.

Before we started using 2014, I had the very same problem with 2013. (also on the Win 8 - 64 bit system)

I did some trouble shooting myselves:

- No any indication of sudden application failiure in the windows system event log.

- None of my Autodesk products were in need of repair. I reinstalled the entire suit, and even played around with installing/uninstalling other stuff.

- Going back to a previous windows restore point didn't bring my thumbnails back. Even worse: i was forced to reinstall Inventor 2014 for a third time.

After reading quite some other related topics all over the net, my conclusion is either the complaints were about much older versions of Inventor, or they never got properly solved or traced.

If i'm correctly informed, Inventor uses a different way of aproaching thumbnails - instead of the VBA trick - since v. 2012. This means mean problem is rather Windows 8 related than 32 - 64 bit related ?

I hope these are enough details about my issuea, and that someone has valuable information for me. I lack any clue about which process is actualy responsible for the comunication between Windows Explorer and Inventor.

Right now, it's a verry cluttery business to work with big assemblies, and only having filenames as a reference for browsing...

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Heathos88
in reply to: haertjens_jonas

I'm having the same problem win 8, 64 bit, inventor 2014. Have you had any luck solving the issue?
Message 3 of 3
haertjens.jonas
in reply to: Heathos88

Nope... A frustrating issue to solve it seems. And also a rare issue ?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report