Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2014 - Templates changed somehow?!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
guyh
308 Views, 6 Replies

Inventor 2014 - Templates changed somehow?!

Hello,

I have a very odd situation I hope people can shed to light on.  We recently upgraded to Inventor 2014, it went well in the main.  All styles, materials etc migrated to the new standards etc.  The old templates were also migrated.  I opened, saved to migrate and then used 'Save as Template' to a new folder before finally replacing the originals with the newly created from 2014.  This was fine but the odd thing is my templates somehow end up reverting to some default templates with a date modified of 2013, I am not sure how this is possible?!  All users have read only access to this area.  It's happened a few times, the templates I created get moved to an old folder.  Is Inventor doing something I am now aware of?

Thanks,

Guy

AutoCADM 2011 SP2
Inventor Pro 2011 SP2
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
CAD-One
in reply to: guyh

Check your project file template path.
I my opinion you should also use libraries for template folder to eliminate errors.
C1
Inventor Professional 2020
Vault Professional 2020
AutoCAD 2020
Message 3 of 7
guyh
in reply to: CAD-One

@CAD-One wrote:
Check your project file template path.
I my opinion you should also use libraries for template folder to eliminate errors.

The project file has not changed.  The path is correct.  The files in the folder are actually being changed by Inventor somehow.  We are working in a Vault environment, everybody using the same templates which are on a network share.  I am sorry I am not clear by what you mean with regards to using libraries for template folders?

Thanks,

Guy

AutoCADM 2011 SP2
Inventor Pro 2011 SP2
Message 4 of 7
CAD-One

Ok. not sure why the the template is changing. But hear you saying that template is reverting back to previous saves. I see you said the path is good in project file. Can you check one thing; if inventor using the correct project file (Some times it autometically changes current project file to default)

One way I would resolve this is to move the templates to library folder. Because librarries are readonly to every body, It might not restore to old state. Though the youtube video uses a part file as example, its applicable to drawing template too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2f8CLU8eUdY (thanks to paul)

C1
Inventor Professional 2020
Vault Professional 2020
AutoCAD 2020
Message 5 of 7
SBix26
in reply to: CAD-One

In Inventor 2012, 2013, and 2014 this happened to us whenever a user changed File locations in Application Options, typically by importing our standard options. Doing that resulted in the templates on the network share being replaced by the default installed templates of the same name.

This seems to have been fixed in 2015.

Sam B
Inventor 2012 Certified Professional

Inventor Professional 2015 Update 2
Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit, SP1
HP EliteBook 8770w; 8 GB RAM; Core™ i7-3720QM 2.60 GHz; Quadro K4000M 

Message 6 of 7
guyh
in reply to: SBix26

@sbixler wrote:

In Inventor 2012, 2013, and 2014 this happened to us whenever a user changed File locations in Application Options, typically by importing our standard options. Doing that resulted in the templates on the network share being replaced by the default installed templates of the same name.

This seems to have been fixed in 2015.

Sam B
Inventor 2012 Certified Professional

Inventor Professional 2015 Update 2
Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit, SP1
HP EliteBook 8770w; 8 GB RAM; Core™ i7-3720QM 2.60 GHz; Quadro K4000M 

Hi Sam,

Thanks for the information.  That would make sense as we instruct the users to import the company options file.  I've no idea how the change actually happens though considering they only have read access to that area.  I'll make some investigations.  I'll accept as answer once confirmed.

Thanks again,

Guy

AutoCADM 2011 SP2
Inventor Pro 2011 SP2
Message 7 of 7
bob_holland

guyh,

Did Sam's answer resolve your issue?

Thank you.

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report