Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2014 slow transition from Assembly to Drawing. Help!

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
CTravert
897 Views, 2 Replies

Inventor 2014 slow transition from Assembly to Drawing. Help!

So we recently upgraded our premium suite to 2014 (Yay!) but I am still having issues with my drawings.

I am working on a control console design (as attached) and I experience a lot of slow down when putting my assembly into a 2D drawing.

I have no issues whatsoever during my assembly but when it comes time to generate my views in 2D, I feel like I'm back on a pentium II with 516MB of RAM!

Creating views, Panning, Zooming, and changing display style are what is slowing me down a lot right now to be exact.

I attached the specs of my laptop. If anyone can give me advice on what I could do make this process faster, please let me know!

Clement Travert
Electro Hydraulic Machinery
www.ehmcompany.com
XI PowerGO XT
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
Intel Core i7-4930MX CPU @ 3.00GHz
32.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @1600MHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4GB Ram
240GB SSD/500GB HDD
Autodesk Product Design Suite Premium 2014
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mpatchus
in reply to: CTravert

Our assemblies are typically 40,000 to 50,000 parts and tend to bog things down when generating drawing views.

A couple things that may help speed things up for you:

1. Make sure your view preview is set to Bounding Box (Drawing Tab of the Applications Option)
  2. When creating all of your views, have SHADING turned off. (I link the dependent views to the master view so I can turn all the shading back on at once when I'm ready to plot.)

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
Message 3 of 3
CTravert
in reply to: mpatchus

I believe you just cured my problem. I turned the shading off and it works like a breeze.
I guess even high computer specs can't tackle colorful assemblies!
Clement Travert
Electro Hydraulic Machinery
www.ehmcompany.com
XI PowerGO XT
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
Intel Core i7-4930MX CPU @ 3.00GHz
32.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @1600MHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4GB Ram
240GB SSD/500GB HDD
Autodesk Product Design Suite Premium 2014

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report