Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2014 Service Pack 1

34 REPLIES 34
Message 1 of 35
jdits7
6361 Views, 34 Replies

Inventor 2014 Service Pack 1

New post about Service Pack 1 being released for Inventor 2014, http://inventortopix.blogspot.com/2013/09/inventor-2014-service-pack-1.html

jdits7
Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional
Blog - http://www.inventortopix.com
Twitter - @InventorTopixJD
34 REPLIES 34
Message 2 of 35
KevinLi-Autodesk
in reply to: jdits7

You can also download it from: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=22322619&linkID=9242019

If you meet data translation issues, please report in this forum or contact me via email Hongyuan.Li@autodesk.com .

Thanks for your support in advance!

Regards,

Kevin-Hongyuan Li
Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Design, Lifecycle and Simulation Product Group
Direct: +86 21 2039 6025
Email: Hongyuan.Li@autodesk.com
Autodesk, Inc.
NO. 130, Lane 91, E Shan Rd
Building 12, Floor 6,
Shanghai 200127, PRC
www.autodesk.com
Message 3 of 35
MikahB
in reply to: jdits7

I get the following error when I try to install SP1.  I had a Beta version of SP1 installed already - maybe that's the issue?

Mikah Barnett
All Angles Design
Product Design Suite Ultimate 2014
Windows 7 Professional x64
Intel i7-3770k @ 4.5GHz
32GB DDR3-2400 RAM
GeForce GTX 670 4GB
Message 4 of 35
DarrenP
in reply to: MikahB

yea
you need to unistall the beta first

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 35

Failed to install. No SP1 beta installed.

Error message:

This patch package could not be opened. Contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer patch package.

Windows 7 SP1 x64 zh-cn.

2013-9-23 17-54-28.png

Message 6 of 35
MikahB
in reply to: DarrenP

Thought I might - but I see no way to remove the SP1 Beta without reinstalling Inventor completely.  Am I missing something?

Mikah Barnett
All Angles Design
Intel i7-3770k @ 4.5GHz
32GB DDR3-2400 RAM
GeForce GTX 670 4GB
Message 7 of 35
Ray_Feiler

Control Panel.png

Product Design & Manufacturing Collection 2024
Sometimes you just need a good old reboot.
Message 8 of 35
MikahB
in reply to: Ray_Feiler

Thanks, Ray - can't believe I've never seen (nor needed to find!) that before.

So, I uninstalled the Beta, restarted, now I get the attached error when trying to install the new SP1.

The name of the file in the error changes each time - I've tried several times to see if I can make it work, but nope.

Mikah Barnett
All Angles Design
Intel i7-3770k @ 4.5GHz
32GB DDR3-2400 RAM
GeForce GTX 670 4GB
Message 9 of 35
samiharada
in reply to: smilinger

Hi,

I would like to know which exact product version / name you used to install Inventor.

Is it from a suite? (like Product Design suite Premium 2014)? or

Is it from a stand alone Inventor? (Autodesk Inventor Professional 2014)?

You may be able to check the product version / name via the version dialog

(Launch product > Help dropdown on the InfoCenter (product title bar) > About Autodesk...

Thanks in advance,

-Sami Harada

Inventor Framework QA

Autodesk Inc.

Email_Signature_Logobar.jpg

Message 10 of 35
smilinger
in reply to: samiharada

This is my inventor version, my initial installation is FDSU 2014 Simplified Chinese, I have English language pack and Inventor 2014 Update 2 installed, failed to install SP1. Then I uninstalled Update 2 and the language pack, tried and failed again.

Message 11 of 35
ChrisMitchell01
in reply to: smilinger

When you see the SP1 install error, there should also be a separate dialog box informing you which file is being patched at the time of the error. Can you let us know which file that is please ?

Had you modified your "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor 2014\Bin\helpids.xml" to configure the help to always look locally ? If so then that may cause SP1 install issues. The original helpids.xml file should be in place prior to installing SP1. (We're currently investigating this case).

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 12 of 35
cwhetten
in reply to: ChrisMitchell01

One of our users had this issue today.  He got the error 1328, on file C:\Config.Msi\PT9897.tmp, and this happened when the installer was processing Uc.dll.

Edit:  He has not done the helpids.xml override.

For what it's worth, I successfully installed SP1 yesterday.

Cameron Whetten
Inventor 2014

Message 13 of 35
MikahB
in reply to: cwhetten

Did you find any workaround Cameron? I've now uninstalled both IV2014 Updates as well - no matter what I try I'm getting the same 1328 error. Seems Autodesk is ignoring that problem in this thread.
Mikah Barnett
All Angles Design
Intel i7-3770k @ 4.5GHz
32GB DDR3-2400 RAM
GeForce GTX 670 4GB
Message 14 of 35
cwhetten

No, we haven't been able to get it to work just yet.  We just noticed the issue this morning.

The user in question did notice that the uninstall of 2012 wasn't as clean as it could have been.  His programs & features in windows showed that Inventor 2012 was no longer there, but the 2012 user tools was there, and SP2 for Inventor 2012 was still showing up in the installed updates.  He tried to uninstall SP2, but it returned an error message like "action is only valid for products currently installed".

I don't know if any of this has bearing on the 2014 SP1 issue, but there you go.

Cameron Whetten
Inventor 2014

Message 15 of 35
ChrisMitchell01

Hi Cameron,

No, 2012 issues won't have any impact on installing 2014 SP1.

If you are having issues with UC.dll & see the error 1328, then it means that the specific version info of UC.dll is not what's expected by the SP installer for some reason. Do you recall making any changes on disk in the past to any dll's ?

If you let me know what the version is you're trying to install SP on top of, then I can send you the correct UC.dll; it'll be different if you have the release version or the release version with update 1 or 2. Or if it worked on your own machine, you could uninstall SP1 & then copy your original UC.dll to the problem machines & then reinstall SP1.

...but really we need to know why your UC.dll is not what's expected. Can you provide the version info, for UC.dll please ? Rt click that file & go to properties & paste the info from each tab.

MicahB - is yours also failing on UC.dll or another file ? If it's another one, please let us know which file & also the file property info too.

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Mitchell
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 16 of 35
cwhetten

Hi, Chris.  Thanks for looking into this for us.  I'll see if I can get that info.

Would doing a repair install reset any problematic files that would trigger error 1328?  That might be easier than trying to track down a bunch of files.

Cameron Whetten
Inventor 2014

Message 17 of 35
ChrisMitchell01

Yes, sorry forgot to mention that. If you do a repair prior to installing SP1 it should address the issue. Depending on the state of the machine, you may be prompted for the original install media if it's not in the same location it was during initial installation.

-Chris

Chris Mitchell
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 18 of 35
MikahB

Mine errors out while patching RegisterTaskScheduler.exe.  Picture attached.

Mikah Barnett
All Angles Design
Intel i7-3770k @ 4.5GHz
32GB DDR3-2400 RAM
GeForce GTX 670 4GB
Message 19 of 35
ChrisMitchell01

I assume Retry doesn't help & the same error just recurs ?

If you do a Repair prior to installing SP1, does that cure it ? Go to Control Pnale, Uninstall/Change a program, click on Inventor & then Change, Repair.

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Mitchell
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 20 of 35
MikahB

Ran Repair, rebooted, then SP1 installed successfully.

Thanks for the help!
Mikah Barnett
All Angles Design
Intel i7-3770k @ 4.5GHz
32GB DDR3-2400 RAM
GeForce GTX 670 4GB

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report