Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2014 saving problems

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mwittendorp
707 Views, 2 Replies

Inventor 2014 saving problems

Hello,

I'm working about a month with inventor 2014 and this far I like the update with small usefull new tools like joints and load express and load full. But also this month problems occur with saving assemblies. Sometimes when I try to save my assembly inventor crashes or goes to not responding and after about 15 min to half an hour the assembly is saved, but this is very time consuming. This occurs most often when I did some major changes in the assembly. This problem still occurs (a bit less often) despite of  use LODs; Main assembly is 2000 parts, LODs is 500 parts. Also I updated my system:

Intel Xeon E5-1650 3.2Ghz

NVIDIA Quadro K2000

16GB RAM memory

256GB SSD Hard Disk

Sandy Bridge-E x79 

Does have anyone else have the same problem?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

The extended save time, particularly after many edits, could be due to the fact that a lot more information is being saved to the .iam file, if you are working in Express mode, (while the cached graphics are being stored).

Do you see a difference if you work in Full mode as opposed to Express ?

Regarding crashes, what email address do you use when you send in your CER reports ?

Have you installed update1:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=21503391&linkID=9242019

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 3

Thank you for the response Chris. I tested some things and I couldn't find any differents between working in express mode and full mode. Also I installed the first update but this doesn't make any differents. 

Still when I'm saving my PC takes a lot of time so I think the problem has to be found elswhere my thoughts:

Maybe the problem is that i have a lot of unique parts because this construction is imported from a solidworks file (and I ground them all because constraint wheren't imported), so even when parts are the same you'll get a unique part on the HD. The construction is a ship from about 1500 parts and about 500 parts which i constructed. If I make a derived part from this 1500parts makes this my model a lot faster?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report