Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2014 raytrace too dark

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Chris1969
2765 Views, 10 Replies

Inventor 2014 raytrace too dark

Just tried to install Inventor 2014, SP1 to try ray trace, which should have been fixed...

When I use the default lightning with ray trace off, the lightning looks "normal"

When I apply raytrace interactive/good the image gets much darker and details are hard to see.

Wehn I apply best, it looks fine and normal again, if we try to forgets the specs.

Why does it become so dark when applying good/interactive raytrace?

Brgds,

Chris

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
mcgyvr
in reply to: Chris1969

@Chris1969 wrote:

Just tried to install Inventor 2014, SP1 to try ray trace, which should have been fixed...

"should" does not mean it was 😉

typical ADSK...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 11
Ray_Feiler

They were only able to improve the good setting at this time.

See message 77

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Inventor-2014-Renderings-Look-bad/m-p/4431575#M48278...

Product Design & Manufacturing Collection 2024
Sometimes you just need a good old reboot.
Message 4 of 11
yannicknielsen

Does it work if you increase the amount of lighting?

You can do that by click View -> Two Lights(or other) -> Settings

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Product Design Suite Ultimate 2021
Message 5 of 11
mcgyvr
in reply to: yannicknielsen

finally installed 2014...

Raytracing is totally messed up.. Smiley Mad

Autodesk really screwed this release up big time.. 

And I can't believe we have been told to wait till next release for a proper fix.. Thats absolute BS </rant>

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Message 6 of 11
Chris1969
in reply to: yannicknielsen

It helps a bit, but it is not pretty.

Besides it messes up the normal non raytracing view making it too bright.

All I ask for is, that the raytrace/non-raytrace lightening should somehow correspond as it actually does in "best"

Brgds,

Chris

Message 7 of 11
yannicknielsen

Fair enough. Unfortunately I am not on a 2014 PC at the moment, so I cannot test it

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Product Design Suite Ultimate 2021
Message 8 of 11
Chris1969

I would really appreciate some feedback from Autodesk on this issue.

Brgds,
Chris
Message 9 of 11
Chris1969

I would still really appreciate some feedback from Autodesk on this issue...

Look at the attached files below, both are rendered from the same scene setup, but with "good" and "best" raytrace.

Is this how it is supposed to be, and if yes why?

brgds,

Chris

Message 10 of 11
mcgyvr

From what I've heard/read it seems that someone really messed up Inventor 2014.. Something about a new kernel and they can't fix it until Inventor 2015 for some BS reason.

So I thought in SP1 they attempted to fix the "good" setting but couldn't fix "best" so they recommend everyone uses "good" until 2015 then hopefully they can fix it all..

Message 11 of 11
dgorsman
in reply to: mcgyvr

Of course, the fix is as simple as clicking a toggle box thats labeled "Make it work".  Smiley Mad

Ever work on a project for a client, and have to wait for a third-party vendor to provide you information, even though the client is screaming at you to get the work done?  Thats where AutoDesk is at for some of these so-called "simple fixes".  You can scream at AutoDesk as loud as you want, and they can scream at the third-party developers as loud as they want, and that won't change ANYTHING.

Short story: sometimes what is, is.  Not BS, not price gouging, not anything else.

<rant mode="pause"/>

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report