Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2014 Quick Access Toolbar Resets

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
junibird
2083 Views, 13 Replies

Inventor 2014 Quick Access Toolbar Resets

I'm working with Inventor 2014, service pack 1, update 2.  I also have Vault 2014, update 2 installed.  I like to add coommands (like iProperties and Measure) to the quick access toolbar in Inventor.  The problem is that when I close Inventor and start it back up the added commands are gone from the quick access toolbar.  The worst part of it is that I have to add those commands back in the part, assembly, weldment and drawing environments.  Does anyone know if there's a fix for this issue?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
mdavis22569
in reply to: junibird

There is an update 3 now ..but that's not going to fix this problem. Unfortunately, I don't have a fix for the quick bar resetting.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 3 of 14
guido_66
in reply to: mdavis22569

Many people (including me) have had this problem since Inventor 2010. I hope that it will be fixed in the 2015 release...

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-General/Quick-Access-Toolbar-looses-customization/m-p/3288309...

Message 4 of 14
junibird
in reply to: guido_66

This is the first release that I've had this problem.

Message 5 of 14
blair

Check if you don't have a "old" version of Inventor running in the background that didn't close properly. Inventor "writes" all changes to the program and settings upon proper closure of the program. If there is an "open" version still running, the changes won't be written. You can check this from the "Task Manager" or just re-boot the machine.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 6 of 14
blair
in reply to: blair

I might even try logging in as a different user after the re-boot. Possibly you could have an issue with your user profile.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 7 of 14
junibird

If by "old" you mean version 2013, the answer is no.  I remove all old versions of the software when loading new versions.  I did open task manager and closed Inventor.  There are no other instances of Autodesk software running when I close Inventor.  I'm running on a desktop and a laptop and have the same problem on both.  I have other co-workers who are having the same problem also.

Message 8 of 14
blair

No, same version, just never closed properly and is running in the background. Possibly look at your user profiles. You might not have sufficient privileges to write the updates from Inventor to the Windows Registry. You need at least Power User level (no replaced with Administrator. You might need your IT department to give you Local Admin access for your machines.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 9 of 14
junibird

Not that either.  I'm listed under the administrators group for both computers.

Message 10 of 14
blair

Any 3rd party add-ins? If so try disabling them.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 11 of 14
junibird

Here's screen pic of all of my add-ins.  I don't see any 3rd party and I've even shown the hidden add-ins.

Message 12 of 14
bob_holland

Mark,

I am posting this so that others will have access to this answer.

Please check to make sure that the folder and all sub folders are not read only:

C:\Users\USERID\AppData\Roaming

USERID = Users login ID

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support
Message 13 of 14

Bob's suggestion worked for me. Many thanks.

Brendan Henderson
CAD Manager

New Blog | Old Blog | Google+ | Twitter

Inventor 2016 PDSU Build 236, Release 2016.2.2, Vault Professional 2016 Update 1, Win 7 64 bit

Please use "Accept as Solution" & give "Kudos" if this response helped you.

Message 14 of 14
amirx79
in reply to: bob_holland

this didn't help me at all because I couldn't change those folders from read only. So, is there any other way to solve this annoying problem? I run Inventor 2015 SP1.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report