Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2014 Pro stupidly slow all of a sudden

47 REPLIES 47
Message 1 of 48
icouture
3285 Views, 47 Replies

Inventor 2014 Pro stupidly slow all of a sudden

I have a problem with Inventor pro 2014, whereas it has recently gotten unbearably slow all of a sudden.

It will hang for anywhere between 5 seconds and 2-3 minutes whenever I right click a part in an assembly, whenever I try to run a New or Save and Replace command, whenever I try and move an unconstrained part in an assembly. Basically, it'll hang just about everytime I try and do something with it. The rest of the computer remains responsive and snappy while Inventor chugs away d

I have so far taken the steps to install SP1, hoping it would fix the issue. It stopped doing it for a day or two, then went right back to being slow as heck.

I checked my graphics card driver and saw that it was not certified with Inventor, so I downloaded and installed the correct one. That fixed the issue for another day or two then it came right back.

My IT department has run every test imaginable on my computer and came up with nothing. I'm guessing they are right seeing as the rest of the computer functions perfectly well.

I'm at my wits end, this is costing me precious time, for every 30 second operation I'm losing up to 3 minutes watching the program hang.

Am I the only one having this problem?

Computer specs:

i7-2600 @ 3.4Ghz

16GB RAM

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

nVidia Quadro FX3800 running on 307.45 driver downloaded off this very website.

47 REPLIES 47
Message 41 of 48

Hi! I still think it could be faceting related. There is one more thing you could try. Go to Tools -> Application Options -> File -> turn off "Enable Quick File Open" at the bottom of the dialog -> OK.

When this option is on, Inventor could cache the document in the memory. If somehow it requires to write to disk memory, it could slow down.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 42 of 48

Johnson,

Sorry for the delay but your suggestion didn't solved the problem.

Regards,

Eric G.
Inventor Pro 2014 Build 246 Release 2014 SP2 Update 6
Windows 7 Pro SP1
Dell Precision T7600, Intel Xeon CPU E5-2643 0 @ 3.30 GHz 4 cores
32 Go RAM, NVIDIA Quadro 5000, driver 9.18.13.745
Message 43 of 48
jpblower
in reply to: icouture

2 possible solutions. I've run into this before and so far this is working. A. go to task manager and find WSCommCntr1.exe, shut it off. This is supposedly some sort of acad communication and when it's not working right your computer will stop until it's working. B. Applications Options>File>Enable Quick File Open. Turn it off
Message 44 of 48
eric.gauthier
in reply to: jpblower

jpblower,

1) There is no WSCommCntr1.exe running.

2) Already tried, see my last post.

Thank you,

Eric G.
Windows 7 Pro SP1
Message 45 of 48
jpblower
in reply to: eric.gauthier

Sorry.  It was a long thread so I only skimmed over the first two pages and thought I'd post since I've had so much trouble recently.  Anywho, hope you solve your problem.

Message 46 of 48

Hi! Eric,

I am very sorry to hear the issue is not yet resolved. So far the behavior seems to point to graphics issue. You are on Inventor R2014. Can you check and see if Express mode is turned on (Tools -> Application Options -> Assembly -> go to the bottom -> "Enable Express mode")? If it is checked, uncheck it and see if it makes a difference.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 47 of 48

Johnson,

Suggestion already tested previously in this topic...

Eric G.
Windows 7 Pro SP1
Message 48 of 48
eric.gauthier
in reply to: icouture

The problem is still intermittent. I don't know why but sometimes, Inventor becomes slow. Very slow. I need to close my Inventor and restart it to have it run normally.

Today I can have it running normally (fluid graphical display with 3D mouse) with an assembly like 50168 occurences and 2945 open documents (10.3 Go RAM used by Inventor) in my session and yesterday the same assembly with only 30000 occurences and 2000 documents (6.5 Go RAM used by Inventor) turned slow all of a sudden. I had to shut down Inventor and restart it.

I can't send my files. Is it possible to contact someone with Autodesk when it happens to have him look at my Inventor session live?

Eric G.
Windows 7 Pro SP1

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report