Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2014 on Bootcamp

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
joel274
553 Views, 3 Replies

Inventor 2014 on Bootcamp

Hello,

I am getting ready to put inventor on my Retina MacBook Pro via a bootcamp partition. My question is, does it really require 60GB free on the partition to install? (See link below). I would,like to do a 40GB partition giving inventor 24GB to play with.

Thanks for your help

Link: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=15402497&linkID=9242018
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jletcher
in reply to: joel274

I believe 60gigs is what is needed to unzip everything but does it need 60gig for the program not if you don't install everything.

But what Inventor do you have because the 60 gig is a number for all inventors but if you just have basic then it would only take lets say 30 gigs but if you have the full blown it would need 60 gigs to unzip..

Message 3 of 4
mrattray

I don't (and never have) run a Mac, but if I was doing this... I'd just plop a new SSD in (250GB+ MIN) and dedicate it to Inventor. Either way, I don't think 60GB is nearly enough...
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 4 of 4
joel274

I just want inventor 2014 I don't want fusion or any of the rest of the software pack. It's strange because 2013 only needs 20GB and the software only takes up about 3 GB

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report