Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2014 locks up on Windows 7

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
dps
Contributor
428 Views, 3 Replies

Inventor 2014 locks up on Windows 7

Hi.. We used to have Inventor 2013 working fine last year and that was when we only had 4 GIG of RAM.. We now have 8 GIG.. We were unable to download and install 2015 so perhaps our system is not up to it.. Publisher 2015 seems fine, that opens without issue.. However, 2014 lockup after just a few seconds.. Our mouse becomes inactive.. The keys will not navigate anthing..  Pressing ESC does nothing so we have no choice but to turn off... I will point out that we have Windows 7 on Mac Bootcamp.. We have never had a single issue with any Autodesk software whether its installed on Mac like Maya or Windows 7.. 

To get Inventor installed has been a HUGE effort.. The software is massive so we tried to extend the size of our partision in Bootcamp. Anyway thinking of doing the same DONT.. 

Any help in determining why Inventor locks up would be really appriciated.. We are not gurus with this.. Just teachers.. 

John and Desitny..

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: dps

I would start with the video driver.  Find out what video card you have and get the appropriate WHQL certified video card driver for it. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
dps
Contributor

Hi.. We should point out that we fixed this issue.. We installed Inventor on Windows 7 from DVD.. But, what we did not know, Windows 7 needed to download a heap of updates which fixed the issue.. 

Thank you

John and Destiny

Message 4 of 4
dps
Contributor

Sorry, wrong area..

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report