Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2014 issue with Nvidia Quadro 4000?

21 REPLIES 21
Message 1 of 22
royegil
2394 Views, 21 Replies

Inventor 2014 issue with Nvidia Quadro 4000?

Hi All, First post here.I have grapichs issue with with inventor 2014. installed inv 2014 last week. Got lots of crashes, zoom jumbing & chopping with "big" assemblyes ( about 500-1500 parts). These assemblyes runs very good on inv 2013 but not in inv 2014 on this computer. So my plan of action after these issues was reinstalled win7, chip-set..... install certified drivers from autodesk (Nvidia Quadro 4000), new driver for the 3dconnextion for my 3dmouse. After the fresh install with inv2014, i dont have any crash anymore but still have the same symptomes with the grapichs. In inv 2013 i use performance (app. options) but can only use compatiblilty setting in inv2014 if i whant a smooth ride. This is the first time i experienced any issue wtih new Inventor update since Inventor 5,3. Any input to solve my grapichs issue is very welcome:)

Some computer specs:

Hp Z400

win 64bit sp1

Nvidia quadro 4000

Processor: intel(r) Xeon(R) Cpu W3565 " 3,2Hhz 3,19Ghz

Ram: 18 gb

ssd disk

Inv2014 pro with sp1

21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22
sam_m
in reply to: royegil

welcome to the forums 😉

what graphics driver are you using?  You mentioned certified ones - these are usually quite old, so it's usually better to use the latest available from Nvidia, try them (with a clean install).

Also, did you install Inventor as recommended - as an admin, UAC and anti virus off, etc.

Sam M.
Inventor and Showcase monkey

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question...
If you have found any post to be helpful, even if it's not a direct solution, then please provide that author kudos - spread that love 😄

Message 3 of 22
royegil
in reply to: sam_m

Thx & thx for the reply,

Before i took the clean install, i tried the latest nvidia driver with no luck. Will try the latest nvidia driver now and see if that helps. I have admin. rights on this computer. But I dont think the virus program and UAC was turn off during installation. I got one person from the Inventor-dealers to check my install-log but he found no errors.

Driver version: 307.45

Can it be that nvidia q4000 is not that compatibel right now with iv2014, or is just me that been unlucky;)

Message 4 of 22
mcgyvr

@royegil wrote:

or is just me that been unlucky;)

Just you being unlucky..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 5 of 22
royegil
in reply to: mcgyvr

Yeah maybe;)

Tried the newest drivers but no luck.  

Message 6 of 22
Ray_Feiler

What issues are you seeing? There are a lot of known graphics issues with the 2014 release, just search the forum.

Product Design & Manufacturing Collection 2024
Sometimes you just need a good old reboot.
Message 7 of 22
royegil
in reply to: Ray_Feiler

Chopping and zoom jumbing (sometimes ghosting). Mostly when using the 3d-mouse. I think for a new person with inventor he or she will just accept this grapichs issue/ lag and think this is normal behavior. It's not too bad, but the previous version was completely fluent graphics. maybe I'm hypersensitive or need a good old reboot;)

Message 8 of 22
Ray_Feiler

"maybe I'm hypersensitive or need a good old reboot:smileywink:"

I wish that would help, but in this case it won't. There is a thread where an Autodesk employee stats some of this will persist until 2015 comes out. It will require a kernel change and therefore not be backward compatible.

Message 9 of 22
royegil

Hi RayFeiler, thx for that info. 

so my question is now, should I accept this thread as solved or not? Since there is nothing can be done until inventor 2015 get release....

Message 10 of 22
Ray_Feiler

I would say it is not solved.

Message 11 of 22
GSE_Dan_A

Roy I am also experiencing Ghosting on Inventor 2014 with the nVidia Quadro K4000.  Newest drivers and Certified drivers did not help.  What makes things worse is that I am dealing with parts and assemblies no where NEAR 500-1000 parts.  The most common one I see is when I zoom or rotate, a portion (sometimes all) of the part will disappear.  The only way to have it return to normal state is by suppressing the part and then unsupressing it.  This is a one month old HP workstation (HPZ620 with Windows 7-64 Bit) as well! I will be following this thread to see if a solution arises.  Good luck!

GSE Consultants Inc.
Windsor, ON. Canada
Message 12 of 22
ChrisMitchell01
in reply to: GSE_Dan_A

Does it improve if you use Compatibility mode from Tools, App Options, Hardware tab ?

Which mode are you currently using ?

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 13 of 22
royegil
in reply to: ChrisMitchell01

Hi,

I have to use Compatibility mode now, this works okey, but then all the "eye candy" is gone. When using Compatibility mode all the features like lights and shadows are gone. For information I dont have shadows & advanced lightning activated when i working normaly, its mainly when we have clients and meetings to give them a better 3d experience.(i know about showcase, but sometime we have to insert parts) All this worked fine in inventor 2013.

Message 14 of 22
royegil

GSE_DAN_A thanks for sharing, so I do not feel alone with this problem 🙂 .

Message 15 of 22
GSE_Dan_A

Compatibility Mode still does not help.  I feel the problem arises when I am working with parts that have a large number of Feature Patterns (ie a Pallet Rack Post with many different holes and notches).  Typically I could have anywhere from 2-3 different holes at 48 instances each on one post! 

GSE Consultants Inc.
Windsor, ON. Canada
Message 16 of 22
ChrisMitchell01

Are you able to share that dataset with us ?

Also see Graphics Issues in Inventor 2014

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Mitchell
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 17 of 22
royegil

Compatibility Mode still does not help.  I feel the problem arises when I am working with parts that have a large number of Feature Patterns (ie a Pallet Rack Post with many different holes and notches).  Typically I could have anywhere from 2-3 different holes at 48 instances each on one post!        quote from GSE_Dan_A

Sadly I have the same issue as GSE_Dan_A when there are used feature patterns.

Message 18 of 22
ChrisMitchell01

Can you send me an example of the part that exhibits the problem, please ? Also please include the output from the Diagnostics command, on Tools, App Options, Hardware tab. Cut'n'paste the info to a text file & email to me.

Many Thanks,
Chris

chris.mitchell@autodesk.com

Chris Mitchell
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 19 of 22
royegil

Hi Chris, I have sendt you the files.

Message 20 of 22
LishuangLu

Hello,

Would you please try with below setting to see whether your parts disappear?
Go to Application Options->Display->Minimum frame rate, change the value from default to 0, then take a look at the rotate behavior.

When you change the minimum frame rate to 0, you will feel the performance of rotate will be slower than before, but the parts should not be disappear anymore.

Let me know if you still see missing parts after change the setting.

Thanks a lot!

Regards,
-Lisa

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report