Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2014 Graphic issue on HP z420/620 workstation whit Nvidia k4000/k5000

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
IPretto
987 Views, 11 Replies

Inventor 2014 Graphic issue on HP z420/620 workstation whit Nvidia k4000/k5000

Goodmorning to all,
I'm writing to the comunity for a reason:

I'm working with HP workstation Intel Xeon E5-1603, Nvidia k4000, 30gb RAM, W7 64bit professional and Inventor 2014.
My graphic driver is the lastest of Nvidia, i'm talking about 331.82.
The problem is this:
During the zoom in and out, if i turn around my assembly, some part disappear. If i stop the rotation command the part reappears.
I read there are a lot of user have similar problem, but no one have still now received a solution.
My setting in inventor, under option, application option, hardware is performance. If I change the problem remains, i try all the option.
I try the Nvidia pannel option, no difference.
I saw that the problem is manifested frequently when the method view is: shaded with hidden edges.
In shade the problem is minimun, in shaded with edges sometimes happen. The real problem is with : shaded with hidden edges.
I taken some screenshot to show the problem.
The assembled is made by standard part ( from inventor library) and drawing part.
All the time the ghostly object is the screw ( in this case) that are drawing with a texture thread, the other screw ( drawing with a real thread) remain.
Any idea?
Thanks for the time and for your answers.

Ivo 

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
scottmoyse
in reply to: IPretto

Each time you have changed the graphics setting in application options, have to closed all open files in the graphics window? if you haven't it won't apply the changes. You don't have to restart Inventor, but you do need to close all files in between each setting change.

does this also happen with Software Graphics?

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 3 of 12
bob_holland

IPretto.

I think that the issue you are seeing is that our threads are a visual affect and not a helical cut coil.

There are no hidden edges to show you as hidden lines.

Does this help?

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support
Message 4 of 12
IPretto
in reply to: bob_holland

The problem isn't this.
During the rotation, my object disappear. This problem happens in bigger or smallest projects. I need to see all the object during the rotation command.
I know that Inventor simplify projects during the zoom, hide the bigger parts before the smallest, but in my case is contrary ( the smallest hidden before the bigger).
I've monitored the gpu and the cpu during the usage and the result is: a low load for these.
Message 5 of 12
IPretto

i post a video on you tobe to show the problem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j73I1vA2g3Y
Message 6 of 12
bob_holland

Ivo,

Thank you for the video.

I would like you to generate a Microsoft DxDiag Report for me.

I have included a PDF to assist you if needed.

Please post the TXT file for us to take a look at.

Thank you.

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support
Message 7 of 12
IPretto

Hi bob,
here the Dxdiag txt.
best regard.

Message 8 of 12
bob_holland

Ivo,

Thank you.

I saw not glaring issues.

Can you please send me your Inventor Diagnostics Information.

I have attached a PDF if you need it.

Thank you.

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support
Message 9 of 12

Yes, do as bob suggested, it looks like you may be reverting back to the onboard graphics to save energy.  I had the problem with nvidia optimus constantly changing me to on board graphics until i disabled it in the bios

Stephen Gibson

View stephen gibson's profile on LinkedIn

Message 10 of 12
IPretto

hi Bob,
below the diagnostics Information

Message 11 of 12
bob_holland

Ivo,

If you have QsInvLoader not autoload as a Inventor addin does it make a difference?

I might be loosing something is translation but I do not recognize that as a Autodesk addin.

Thank you.

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support
Message 12 of 12
IPretto

Hi Bob,
the QsInvLoader is an application developed by QS informatica. This plug-in is certified and dosen't make problems. Anyway I had installed the program today, so the problem isn't because of this.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report