Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2014 freezes trying to open application options

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
GarySchmitz3154
965 Views, 7 Replies

Inventor 2014 freezes trying to open application options

while trying to open the application options INV freezes up it seems as though the menu is hidden behind the main screen as i seem it pop up once at the top of the main window. the only thing that happens when this is active is the windows noise signaling that that window must be closed before continuing. when i press the esc button to escapefrom this menu i can enter other menus IE. document settings and all of the others.

Best Regards
Gary Schmitz
Dell Precision M3800
Core I7, 2.3GHZ, 16G Ram, Quadro K1100M 24In Monitor
Product Design Suite Premium 2016
3D Connexions Wireless
ProNest 2015
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
salariua
in reply to: GarySchmitz3154

I am having a similar problem in inventor 2015 and vault window. Sometimes when checking in it seems Inventor hangs and you can get out of it with escape like you did or pressing a button on the space navigator.

I eventually found that I can get this vault window to show by doing "Switch to" or "Bring to front" into task manager applications tab with right click on it. 

Not sure it  if it helps you, it seems that the application options is part of inventor window but try the Bring to Front on it in task manager.

Edit:

Now that I think about it, the button on the space navigator was mapped to ESC as well.

Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

AIP2012-2020 i7 6700k AMD R9 370
Did you find this reply helpful ?
If so please use the Accepted Solutions or Like button - Thank you!
Message 3 of 8
GarySchmitz3154
in reply to: salariua

i tried that and didnot seem to work i fornd the same description from 2013 describing to delete some file in the registry however that was for 2013. i am not sure where to find this for the 2014 or i would give it a try

Best Regards
Gary Schmitz
Dell Precision M3800
3D Connexions Wireless
ProNest 2015
Message 4 of 8
salariua

Before hacking the registry, try minimising the taskbar (auto-hide) or look allover (second monitor maybe or in the corners). It seems that the options window remembers her last position on screen (evern after invnetor restart) and if you moved it out of the screen at one point it will show up in the last place displayed. 

Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

Message 5 of 8
GarySchmitz3154
in reply to: salariua

now that i am back in the office working with the extension moniter the menu is exactly where i left it last.

lesson of the day: when taking the computer home move all INV open instances to the computer not the auxillary screen.

thank you for the time

Best Regards
Gary Schmitz
Dell Precision M3800
3D Connexions Wireless
ProNest 2015
Message 6 of 8
salariua

Glad you sovled it.

Sometimes when doing full screen video capturing for tutorials, blogs or this forum I disable one of the monitors and make the resoution smaller on the main one and I have the exact same problem. Content center, vault, or any other window that was on the other screen is gone missing. So I have to enable the second one and drag them back to the main one.

Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

Message 7 of 8

I had the same problem today with a file that I last opened at the office where I use 2 monitors in combination with my laptop monitor.  The solution ended up being hold down alt and spacebar to bring up the move/close option.  Then hold down alt and arrow left or right, just depends on which side of the screen the box last displayed on and in my case it was on the left so I hit the right arrow button, let go of the alt button and keep hitting right arrow until the box appears. 

Message 8 of 8

@dstairGBWZT

Thanks for sharing..  But there's no need to keep hitting the left or right arrow key..  When you hit the right or left arrow key..  Move your mouse..  The missing dialog will attach itself to the mouse pointer...  Smiley Wink

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report