Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Inventor 2014] - frame generator problem

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
gmassart
476 Views, 2 Replies

[Inventor 2014] - frame generator problem

Hi all

We were using Inventor 2011 previsouly and in that version we have created our own content center to have some beams with French names etc.

The idea was to get in the parts list the right name for our suppliers (HEB 100 - 1200)

In order to have only rounded values for the length, I followed the different articles and modified the base ipt of each member of the content center and it worked fine in V2011.

To summarize :

-first creation using frame generator the created part name designation was using the rounded length (HEB100 - 1200 even if the length was 1199.85mm)

-we use iproperties to have the name in English for some parts, that column use exactly the same formula than the standard column and it worked fine.

We migrate last month to the V2014 and here is the problem

-the length is in fact rounded, standard quantity for frame generator parts is length, and the length is rounded, no problem

-the generated part designation is not using the rounded anymore

-the iproperties colum, using the same formula than the part designation (standard one) is not working anymore, all length are 0.001mm

-if I insert a part from content center, suing the option to have it "normalized" the iproperties values is working in that case but without the rounded value

I attached a screen capture of the BOM to show you the problem.

I attached too the configuration of the customized content center columns (standard designation and iproperties designation, eng_term means english term)

Hope everything is clear

Guillaume MASSART
AFFIVAL SAS
Inventor Pro 2022

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
gmassart
in reply to: gmassart

Anybody has any idea why such a regression in the behavior of Inventor ?

Guillaume MASSART
AFFIVAL SAS
Inventor Pro 2022

Message 3 of 3
amandamao
in reply to: gmassart

Hi,

It has been tracked in our internal system for investigation. Will keep you updated.

Thanks,

Amanda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report