Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2014 Error 0xC0000142 on Windows 8

130 REPLIES 130
Message 1 of 131
Anonymous
117658 Views, 130 Replies

Inventor 2014 Error 0xC0000142 on Windows 8

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Inventor 2014 5 or 6 times and I am still recieving the error code 0xC0000142 upon start up.  I also have AutoCAD installed, which starts up fine.

Error Log:

<System>
  <Provider Name="Application Error" />
  <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
  <Level>2</Level>
  <Task>100</Task>
  <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
  <TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-08-06T04:17:38.000000000Z" />
  <EventRecordID>57992</EventRecordID>
  <Channel>Application</Channel>
  <Computer>Andrew-PC</Computer>
  <Security />
  </System>

<EventData>
  <Data>Inventor.exe</Data>
  <Data>18.0.17000.0</Data>
  <Data>512fe9d7</Data>
  <Data>KERNELBASE.dll</Data>
  <Data>6.3.9431.0</Data>
  <Data>51bd0a54</Data>
  <Data>e06d7363</Data>
  <Data>0000000000006aac</Data>
  <Data>217c</Data>
  <Data>01ce925be255dd0e</Data>
  <Data>D:\Files\Programs\Autodesk\Inventor 2014\Bin\Inventor.exe</Data>
  <Data>C:\WINDOWS\system32\KERNELBASE.dll</Data>
  <Data>20365b99-fe4f-11e2-befd-3085a9991555</Data>
  <Data />
  <Data />
  </EventData>
130 REPLIES 130
Message 21 of 131
Anonymous
in reply to: ChrisMitchell01

"How much of an issue is this going to be ?"

A huge issue.

Sure, we can upgrade to Inventor 2014SP1, but what about our clients that still use v2012 or v2013? This was not a side effect of updating to 8.1 this morning, and I'm sure many many others will have the same kind of shock! 

Are there plans to release patches for previous versions of Inventor to support 8.1?

Message 22 of 131
sam_m
in reply to: Anonymous

hate to say it, but I doubt it...

Inventor 2010 was out when Win7 was released and it gained support with its sp1 (much like 2014 has with Win8) but 2009 and earlier never got updated.

At the end of the day 2013 (and earlier) were released before Win8, so how can they ensure they're compatible when programming them?  Plus...  think of the Autodesk accountants - the need to keep up to date with the latest Inventor is a great reason to stay on subscription, so from that point of view, could you imagine a lot of time, effort and testing being put into an old release?

Sam M.
Inventor and Showcase monkey

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question...
If you have found any post to be helpful, even if it's not a direct solution, then please provide that author kudos - spread that love 😄

Message 23 of 131
Anonymous
in reply to: sam_m

Hello,

excuse me for my bad english.

Do anybody know if Inventor prof 2013 will someday run on windows ?

On windows 8 it ran fine.

thanks for answers!

Tags (1)
Message 24 of 131
ChrisMitchell01

We are currently investigating several issues with Inventor 2012 & 2013 when runnning on win8.1.

It's unlikely that we will ever claim full certification & support for 8.1, for releases prior to 2014SP1, but  we do hope to be able to release updates for them, that will ensure core Inventor is usable.

No definite release dates yet, but I will provide an update as/when possible.

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 25 of 131
Anonymous

Please let us know if you need any guinea pigs to test alphas.
Message 26 of 131
hunterscotty

Lets be very frank here.

This is rediculous that releases only of only two or three years do not work with a minor OS upgrade. Every other platform I have, including PTC Creo2, Cinema 4D and Keyshot are all working without a problem.

If this is not sorted, I will not be staying with Autodesk products at my school. This is obviously a simple .NET3.5 framework issue that would not take long for Autodesk to solve. If this is not sorted, I believe a lot of good faith will be lost in the Inventor platform...

Users are not expecting Autodesk to 'offer full support', but at least leaving the system working would show a mature response.

Message 27 of 131

Please give us more information ASAP.
Message 28 of 131
hunterscotty

Please can we have an update on this issue.

Message 29 of 131
Anonymous

So you are saying my copy of Autodesk Product Design Suite "Ultimate 2013" is basically fubar because I upgraded my computers to windows 8.1 and Autodesk is not going to provide a fix?  So my 12-month old software is useless?

Not exactly good customer support if that is the case.

Message 30 of 131
ChrisMitchell01

We have now identifed the root cause of the issues, (nothing to do with .net).

We hope that fixes for both 2012 & 2013 will be released within approx 2 weeks, subject to the necessary recoding & testing.

-Chris

Chris Mitchell
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 31 of 131
Anonymous

Chris,

Thanks, that is good to hear. I have worked with Autodesk for several years as a Clean Tech Open Finalist (only 3-time finalist). Even appeared in videos for you guys. Please let me know when the fix is in.

Best regards,

Michael Gumm, Founder

SolarPower Restoration Systems, Inc.

1505 West Saint Mary's Road
Tucson, AZ 85745

520-576-0093

This message and any attachments is the property of SolarPower Restoration Systems, Inc. or its affiliates. It may be legally privileged and/or confidential or covered by a non-disclosure agreement and is intended only for the use of the addressee(s). No addressee should forward, print, copy, or otherwise reproduce this message in any manner that would allow it to be viewed by any individual not originally listed as a recipient. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any unauthorized disclosure, dissemination, distribution, copying or the taking of any action in reliance on the information herein is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the sender and deleted.
Message 32 of 131
hunterscotty

Chris,

That is great to know - faith in Autodesk returned (pending the fix!). Will it be announced via email shot when the patch is released? Can I volunteer to be an Alpha tester?

My .net comment was based on my limited experience - most bad things in life are usually traceable to .net!

Regards,

Scott

Message 33 of 131

All,

I now have a fix for Inventor 2013. This will be incorporated in to the next update. However, that will be around 2 weeks before it is released.

Those of you who really need this, can contact me & I will provide the updated dll's on an as-neede basis. We will not be making these generally available at this stage, as there could be some additional downstream actions required when we release the final update & we need to manage who has already got the fixed dll.

Obviously those of you who have already gone to 8.1 need some help so we want to assist as best we can, but if you are reading this thread & have not yet upgraded to win8.1, please don't !

A similar update for 2012 is still being worked on.

Thanks,
Chris

chris.mitchell@autodesk.com

Chris Mitchell
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 34 of 131
hunterscotty

Let me be the first to say, that I am impressed that Autodesk have listened to us and are working to resolve this.

My school (and I) use Inventor 2012; we adopted 8.1 in half of the computers – so we would appreciate a fix for 2012 as soon as you can. We are prepared to be test dummies (if it doesn’t work, we will format the computers and rebuild). Chris, thank you for your support. I apologise for my earlier tone – my frustration was extreme! 
Message 35 of 131

No problem.

We also have several issues with 8.1 ourselves (audio & network drivers for laptops) so the frustration is, (unfortunately), shared.

The fixes for 2012 will likely be another few days yet, but I'll post here when they are available for you to try.

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Mitchell
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 36 of 131
hunterscotty

Hi Chris,

I never thought about how Win8.1 would actually affect the computers used at Autodesk themselves... Microsoft have yet again only thought about the consumer markert - not technology users. I've discovered my 3D printer software is no longer working either.

We'd really appreciate the patch when it becomes available.

Cheers!

Scott

Message 37 of 131

I also now have the 2012 dll versions. Please email me directly if you need these & i will send them out with appropriate instructions.

They are being incorporated in to an official hotifx for release in about a week.

Thanks,
Chris

chris.mitchell@autodesk.com

Chris Mitchell
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 38 of 131
axg110130

I'm trying to download Autodesk Inventor 2014 on window 8.1 I'm getting error 0xC0000142. What should I do?
Message 39 of 131
ChrisMitchell01

This is fixed with installing 2014SP1 - see 

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=22322619&linkID=9242019
Then the new dll files still need to be registered with the OS as Administrator - Open a command prompt (just type cmd in the windows “search” section & then Run as administrator. Then type:

·         "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor 2014\Bin\Inventor.exe /install"

·         Seehttp://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=22446139&linkID=9242018 for more info about this important step

Then, after about 1 minute, start Inventor.

Hope this helps
Chris

Chris Mitchell
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 40 of 131
axg110130

20131025_202852.jpg
This is the picture of the error I'm getting. Also the information you send will work for Student version of Autodesk Inventor 2014?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report