Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2014 Error 0xC0000142 on Windows 8

130 REPLIES 130
Message 1 of 131
aslevins
117557 Views, 130 Replies

Inventor 2014 Error 0xC0000142 on Windows 8

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Inventor 2014 5 or 6 times and I am still recieving the error code 0xC0000142 upon start up.  I also have AutoCAD installed, which starts up fine.

Error Log:

<System>
  <Provider Name="Application Error" />
  <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
  <Level>2</Level>
  <Task>100</Task>
  <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
  <TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-08-06T04:17:38.000000000Z" />
  <EventRecordID>57992</EventRecordID>
  <Channel>Application</Channel>
  <Computer>Andrew-PC</Computer>
  <Security />
  </System>

<EventData>
  <Data>Inventor.exe</Data>
  <Data>18.0.17000.0</Data>
  <Data>512fe9d7</Data>
  <Data>KERNELBASE.dll</Data>
  <Data>6.3.9431.0</Data>
  <Data>51bd0a54</Data>
  <Data>e06d7363</Data>
  <Data>0000000000006aac</Data>
  <Data>217c</Data>
  <Data>01ce925be255dd0e</Data>
  <Data>D:\Files\Programs\Autodesk\Inventor 2014\Bin\Inventor.exe</Data>
  <Data>C:\WINDOWS\system32\KERNELBASE.dll</Data>
  <Data>20365b99-fe4f-11e2-befd-3085a9991555</Data>
  <Data />
  <Data />
  </EventData>
130 REPLIES 130
Message 101 of 131
vgerliz76
in reply to: aj17atj

@ChrisMitchel

could you send me the fixed files for Inventor 2012 Professional please? I need it for x64 version of windows 8.1.

many thx in advance

Message 102 of 131
ChrisMitchell01
in reply to: vgerliz76

All Inventor fixes have been released. Please see the relevent support page for your version from:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/downloads#rows=10&sort=score&ADSKProductLine...

For 2012 you should install Update4 for SP2 - http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/downloads/caas/downloads/content/update-4-fo...

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 103 of 131

I have installed the Inventor Pro 2011 and I have the Windows 8.1 too. Everytime I open Iventor I get the same error.

What should I do?

Thank you, Daniela Alves.

Message 104 of 131
blair
in reply to: Daniela_Alves

Thank you for using the Search function on this user forum. Have you downloaded and installed any of the required SP's and Hotfixes for your product. http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/downloads#?ADSKContentGroup-local=Downloads&...

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 105 of 131
Scretch
in reply to: ChrisMitchell01

Hi Chris,

is there any chance to get this fixed rse.dll file, too?

I installed the SP2 and Update4 but Inventor 2012 still isn't running on Windows 8.1

Thanks

Simon

Message 106 of 131
in reply to: aslevins

Sir,

I still get 0xc0000142 errors... it's April now

Please help

Message 107 of 131
ChrisMitchell01
in reply to: 12063061

All fixes for running Inventor products (Inventor, Inventor LT, InventorView) have been released & can be downloaded from:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/downloads#?rows=10&sort=score

You'll likely need to install the latest SP as well an update. After installing the update there is a manual step to perform as documented from each of the Update download pages - see the command prompt steps from http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticl...

Thanks

Chris

Chris Mitchell
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 108 of 131
Scretch
in reply to: vgerliz76

Just got Inventor Professional 2012 running on Windows 8.1!

Here is exactly what I did for all the people encountering the same problem:

Cheers,

Simon

Message 109 of 131
mmeetsma

Hey Chris, how can I apply this fix to Inventor OEM 2013? So far Autodesk has refused to provide *any* service packs or update packages for it. Thanks.

Matt

Message 110 of 131
ChrisMitchell01
in reply to: mmeetsma

Matt,

Unfortunately you can't apply this to OEM. If you send me an email to chris.mitchell@autodesk.com I'll send you the affected file, but since that has build dependencies on other updates that were not released for OEM, I doubt it will work, but it's worth a try.

I've asked what's involved in getting a proper OEM version.

Thanks

Chris

Chris Mitchell
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 111 of 131
Maxe575

Chris,

I need to use Inventor 2014 to finish a project at school. I went to the Autodesk free downloads for education and spent a day downloading Inventor 2014 Pro. I recieved the application error 0xc0000142, and then found this blog. I read the entire eleven pages, and then downloaded sp2 for Inventor 2014. I found the admin command prompt and followed the instructions in the trouble shooting guide. When I get to the last step "inventor /install >press enter", I hit enter and the application error 0xc0000142 comes up. Inventor will not open. What am I doing wrong?

I have a Dell Inspiron 3521

Intel Pentium cpu 2127U @1.90 GHz

4.00 GB ram

64-bit OS, x64 based processor

full windows touch support

windows 8.1

My windows is fully up to date.

Thank you,

Max

Message 112 of 131
blair
in reply to: Maxe575

You were logged in with Admin Privileges and had the UAC slider set to it's lowest position when you installed Inventor and the SP?

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 113 of 131
zaltrex8
in reply to: mcgyvr

I have no idea what that means, but by the looks, your CPU OC seems to be a little week for the CPU you have, id consider crancking that baby up if I were you. Also A 770 classy wouldnt hurt either seeing as it is an nvidia card may aswell get a 4GB one so you can do more hardcore rendering and folding.

Message 114 of 131
JovianStral
in reply to: aslevins

Hi, I'm a first time Inventor Student. I am also having this 0xc0000142 problem, I've tried the uninstall, reinstall, and even repair. All of these have not worked. 

Message 115 of 131
zaltrex8
in reply to: JovianStral

Hey, ive been trying to use this software aswell, unfortunately this
software doesn't work on windows 8.1 but "Apparently" they have a patch for
it that you have to opt in to get...
Message 116 of 131
ChrisMitchell01
in reply to: zaltrex8

Inventor works on win8.1 as long as you install the latest servick packs &/or updates. Depending on which Inventor version you are using you can get the appropriate fixes from http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/downloads#?sort=score

There's no need to opt in for anything.

Inventor 2012-2014 requires an SP or update. 2015 should work without any.

-Chris

Chris Mitchell
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 117 of 131
kolmay12
in reply to: chucksavatsky

I still have the same problem with this error 1 year later...

Message 118 of 131
Eqvaliser
in reply to: kolmay12

Same here, actually all of us just gave up on Inventor and found alternatives via the website

alternatives to ...  

And we actually got a company to use the other software, because they wanted a new system designed

with Windows 8.1 and windows 10 Tablet design in funktion where Inventor wont even run anymore..

Just here to unsubscribe from this thread, after watching this for a year without any reasonable solutions!

Message 119 of 131
ChrisMitchell01
in reply to: Eqvaliser

You need to install the latest Service pack & updates - for 2014 see http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-in...

Thanks
Chris

Chris Mitchell
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 120 of 131
RapAlpaca
in reply to: chucksavatsky

I am a Freshmen in high school, and I am taking a PLTW course where we use Inventor 2014. because I am a over achiever, straight A student, and I like Inventor. So I Downloaded the 3-year free Inventor Professional. As you could have guessed I also have Windows 8.1.

Is there a way for me to commute my designs on the school's Windows 8 to my computer if I regester to use the Beta 8.1 version.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report