Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2014 DWG will not Check In to Vault

66 REPLIES 66
SOLVED
Message 1 of 67
sebgonz
8821 Views, 66 Replies

Inventor 2014 DWG will not Check In to Vault

I am having issues getting my .dwg files to check back in to Vault Basic. I can get all different types of files (.iam .ipt .idw) to check in without issues, but .dwg files hang and Inventor will eventually lock up.

I've tried disabling Visualization and I still cannot make it past this point. I can even tell it to check in everything at once, and it will breeze through the other files but any .dwgs will hang. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My PC Config:

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz

16 GB RAM

Dual AMD Radeon HD 6450

I'm running Product Design Suite 2014

My PC Config:
16 GB RAM
Dual AMD Radeon HD 6450

Running Product Design Suite 2014
66 REPLIES 66
Message 2 of 67
jddickson
in reply to: sebgonz

Do you have any iLogic rules in your drawings? If you do try suppressing them before checking the drawings into vault. If it works after suppressing the rules then you can narrow it down to the code that is interfering with checking it in.

Not sure if this is the problem but I hope this helps.

Message 3 of 67
sebgonz
in reply to: jddickson

Thanks for the reply. I don't have any iLogic in the drawings. Actually, I don't think I have any iLogic in any parts that I'm currently experiencing this with.

I did forget to mention that this is happening on 3 different systems. I'm not the only user here experiencing it.

My PC Config:
16 GB RAM
Dual AMD Radeon HD 6450

Message 4 of 67
kgadgil

Spoiler

Is that .DWG file created directly from Inventor 3D assembly? Try creating from from .idw file

Message 5 of 67
sebgonz
in reply to: kgadgil

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "created directly from Inventor 3D assembly". We create the dwg separately and place our views into it.

My PC Config:
16 GB RAM
Dual AMD Radeon HD 6450

Message 6 of 67
jddickson

I noticed that there is a Logo on your drawing. Do you know how that is inserted into the drawing? If it’s a linked picture in Vault it might cause some problems depending on how it’s checked out or checked in. 

Message 7 of 67
sebgonz

It is embedded. It has not caused any issues in previous releases.

I've also created this video showing exactly what I'm doing when I get the error. http://youtu.be/njbztuGn4TI

Additionally, after I manage to get out of the frozen screen, if I can without having to kill the process, I get this error:
"The server returned the following information: The underlying connection was closed: A connection that was expected to be kept alive was closed by the server."

My PC Config:
16 GB RAM
Dual AMD Radeon HD 6450

Message 8 of 67
swhite

I have had this issue before, it is frustrating as hell. You need to open your main assembly, go to the vault view on the browser instead of the model view. Expand every single subassembly until you find the part or parts that are red and check it out. It will most likely be a library file that was converted from a previous release that did not take properly. And I expect everytime you open this assembly and say yes to replace from vault, the same thing will occur unless you open that library file directly and save it with a library modification project path.

Steven White
Lee C. Moore, Inc.
www.lcm-wci.com
Inventor 2011
Intel Dual Xeon E31225 @ 3.1 GHz CPU
16 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro 600 GPU
Windows 7 - 64 Bit
Message 9 of 67
jddickson

I don’t know if this will make any difference:

1. In Vault go to options under the tools tab
  2. Check the show hidden files tab
  3. Find your file in Vault. There should be a .DWF file with the same name.
  4. Delete the .DWF file.
  5. Try to check out the DWG file and check it back in.
  6. Turn off the show hidden files tab

Hope this helps

Is this the only file you are having problems with?

Message 10 of 67
it
Community Visitor

I just tried what you suggested. I showed hidden files, deleted the dwf, and tried checking in the dwg. That still hasn't fixed the problem. It happens with any dwg I try to check in. Even brand new dwgs created in Inventor 2014.

I'm starting to think that it may have something to do with the vault server installation. I have no theory as to why, but where it's happening with 3 different systems, it makes more sense to me.

Message 11 of 67
sebgonz
in reply to: it

Sorry, that previous comment was me. It somehow logged me out and logged our IT account in.
My PC Config:
16 GB RAM
Dual AMD Radeon HD 6450

Message 12 of 67
kgadgil
in reply to: it

What I meant was, .dwg cna be created in two ways, directly from the model and from .idw. How did you make this one? generally .dwg created from .idw can be easily checked-in.

Message 13 of 67
sebgonz
in reply to: kgadgil

Our default drawing file type is dwg. When we create a drawing, as if we were going to create an idw, it creates it as a dwg. So I guess my answer would be from an idw file. Or as though I was making an idw.

My PC Config:
16 GB RAM
Dual AMD Radeon HD 6450

Message 14 of 67
jddickson

You might want to install the latest update of Inventor. What Microsoft.Net Framework are your systems using?  Vault does not play well with Microsoft.Net Framework 4.5. 

Net File.jpg

I hope this helps because I'm running out of Ideas... 

Message 15 of 67
swhite

We do the same, save them as dwg's and don't have a problem, but am using 2011.  If its not any library files as seems to be the case, it may be a vault setting.

Will it allow you to check in the assemblies?

Or is this only for drawings?

Will it let you check in a blank dwg?

As I said, I've had this happen, but when it did it was because of either a library file did not update to the new version properly, or there was a derived part created in the assembly as a LoD and the assembly needs to be set to that LoD to allow it to check in, but don't know if that's just a 2011 issue.

Steven White
Lee C. Moore, Inc.
www.lcm-wci.com
Inventor 2011
16 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro 600 GPU
Windows 7 - 64 Bit
Message 16 of 67
sebgonz
in reply to: swhite

@jddickson: What latest update are you referring to? I didn't have any updates when I installed Inventor 2014. As for .NET, I DO have 4.5 installed. I guess I could try removing that and seeing what results I get.

@swhite: It allows me to check in assemblies, parts, etc just fine. It even allows me to check in idw files. This only occurs with dwg file types. I've also tried checking in a blank dwg with no luck. I've also reset the standard.dwg template back to the default, thinking that maybe it was something in our custom template, with no luck.

Others here are also reporting that copy designing is hanging up on dwg file types also. This is what makes me think it's Vault server related.
My PC Config:
16 GB RAM
Dual AMD Radeon HD 6450

Message 17 of 67
swhite

Could well be, as even 2011 will not let me check in autocad drawings without vault for it, but its strange as we save all our drawings as dwg's and they check in fine. So it is probably a vault setting. We save ours as inventor drawing files (*.dwg) which should be what you are doing so I expect it is a vault setting as you believe. What that setting may be, good luck :), but that's the IT's department here 🙂

Steven White
Lee C. Moore, Inc.
www.lcm-wci.com
Inventor 2011
16 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro 600 GPU
Windows 7 - 64 Bit
Message 18 of 67
sebgonz
in reply to: swhite

Thanks. I wish I didn't also belong to the "IT" department. It would make this somewhat less stressful.

My PC Config:
16 GB RAM
Dual AMD Radeon HD 6450

Message 19 of 67
jddickson

I made a few calls and was told that Vault 14 should work fine with Microsoft.Net Framework 4.5.

It was Vault 13 that would not work with Microsoft.Net Framework 4.5. So you don’t have to delete it. Sorry for the bad information.

Message 20 of 67
sebgonz

Thanks. I've already uninstalled it. No worries. 🙂 If it works now with .NET 4.0 installed, maybe I will have you to thank for it.

My PC Config:
16 GB RAM
Dual AMD Radeon HD 6450

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report