Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2014 dwg export 1:1 - essentials

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
marcin.blaszczyk
1219 Views, 5 Replies

Inventor 2014 dwg export 1:1 - essentials

Hello,

anyone knows if there is some bug in 2014 while exporting to dwg?...

I haven't this kind of problem (described below) in previous versions...

I have idw, e.g. 1:2 and I want to export it to dwg but with 1:1 scale including title block - there is no such an option to make it right. Scale is still wrong.

Only possible way deletes automatically title block.

Other way is to have idw drawing in 1:1 scale but sometimes it is not possible (to small paper sheet).

I checked all export options. No success.

MB

Tags (3)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi MB,

Do you have all the relevant service packs installed for Inventor 2014? Including update 3?

Has it always been doing this in your Inventor 2014 or just lately?

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Twitter: @JoAnn_Hogan
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional
Message 3 of 6

sorry, it didn't help

Message 4 of 6

Has it always been doing this in your Inventor 2014 or just lately?

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Twitter: @JoAnn_Hogan
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional
Message 5 of 6

well, it was my first exports to dwg in this inventor version

of course i did earlier in older versions

Message 6 of 6
karthur1
in reply to: marcin.blaszczyk

MB,

When you export to .dwg, which data scale option are you using?  If you want the dwg to be 1:1, then use the "Base View Scale - Model Space" option.  Note that using this option, it scales the drawing based on the FIRST view placed in the idw. So, if there are other views in the idw that are a different scale than the first base view, they may not be correct scale in the dwg.

Kirk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report