Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2014 - Drawing Parts List Rounding Error?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Nelson_C
312 Views, 4 Replies

Inventor 2014 - Drawing Parts List Rounding Error?

My custom sheet metal parts parameters show correct values for length and width, but the parts list is rounding the length to the nearest integer. So instead of 38.3, the parts list shows 38.0 (so I don't think its a precision error). HELP!
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Nelson_C
in reply to: Nelson_C

Here's a zip of the part and a drawing. http://a360.co/1kr0rPn
Message 3 of 5
johnsonshiue

Hi! I took a look at the files. I think I know where the problem is. The custom iProperties G_L and G_W are no longer associated with the parameters because the type has been changed from Text to Number. To fix that, simply do the following.

1) Open the sheet metal part and right-click on the part in the browser -> iProperties -> Custom -> delete the two entries.

2) Go to Parameters table -> uncheck and check export status for the two parameters at the bottom. Basically, you re-export the parameters.

3) Go back to iProperties dialog and you should see the updated Custom iProperties.

Now, it should be updated correctly in the drawing.

To change the paramter format, you need to do it in Parameters dialog, not through iProperties dialog. Right-click on the parameter in the Parameters dialog -> Custom Property Format. There you can adjust the display precision.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 4 of 5
Nelson_C
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Thanks, that does seem to fix the problem, but this is a content center part that we want to keep using, but even after replacing the Family Template with a "fixed" part, the problem reverts. Here's the script I have in iLogic to make the custom parameters. =========================================================== G_L="0.00" G_W="0.00" If SheetMetal.FlatExtentsWidth < SheetMetal.FlatExtentsLength Then G_W = SheetMetal.FlatExtentsWidth G_L = SheetMetal.FlatExtentsLength Else G_W = SheetMetal.FlatExtentsLength G_L = SheetMetal.FlatExtentsWidth End If oWidth = Parameter.Param("G_W") oLength = Parameter.Param("G_L") ======================================================= Is there a way to set the number of decimal places in this script?
Message 5 of 5
Nelson_C

I'm still looking for help on this...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report