Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2014 - Custom Content Centre Parts renaming issue

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
PafecDOGS
167 Views, 1 Reply

Inventor 2014 - Custom Content Centre Parts renaming issue

Hi All,

I have a question about CC parts. When we save a custom part out to a particular job, there's an issue sometimes wherby if the part gets subsequently renamed in Explorer, if i open the part up, the Browser Bar shows the orig CC name at the top, even tho the filenane shown in the top of the Inventor main window is correct, and if its called up in an assembly (the renamed part is relinked obviously) the name that appears in the Assy Browser Bar is the orig CC name as well, and not the new name. The only way i can seem to correct it is if i open the part and blank the name in the browser bar - when i hit return to exit, the correct filename appears, and when i go back into the assy that name is also updated correctly. But i cant figure out why i have to blank the name in the renamed part in order to get it to update. Hope that makes sense, can anyone shed some light on this please?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
cbenner
in reply to: PafecDOGS

I've never run across this particular issue before because I use Vault and do any file renaming from there.  But I've seen this discussed before, and I'm pretty sure that what you are seeing is not new, and the workaround you are using sounds like the correct one.  What the browser shows is not necessarily the file name, but rather the "instance" name.  That doesn not update automatically based on a file name change, but like you described, it will update if you blank it out in the browser.  I wouldn't call it a bug,... maybe an inconvenience?

Check th Inventor Idea station, there may be an idea (or more than one) related to this.  If so, you could add your kudos and any comments you have about it.  If there isn't one, you could add one suggesting that this be dealt with in the future.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report