Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2014 crashing on startup

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Curt1066
747 Views, 3 Replies

Inventor 2014 crashing on startup

I've installed Inventor 2014 but when I try to run it, it crashes. I've submitted fault reports via the automated system and I keep getting a hotfix for Vault 2015 and Inventor 2015. This won't install as I'm running 2014.

Anyone have any idea how I can resolve this issue.

Kurt

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pdxmcad
in reply to: Curt1066

Kurt,

Are you including your email address in the crash report?   If you are, I can look up the reports in the database.  I just need to know the email address you are using.

Mike Dickason
Inventor Development
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 4
Mark.Lancaster

Curt1066

Do you have the latest Inventor 2014 service pack (2) installed: http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-in... There are additional updates for it, but at least get SP2 installed.  Also does your video card meet the requirements (or does it need an updated driver version):  http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/syscert?id=18844534&siteID=123112

If the above does not work you may want to do the following:

1. On the Windows start menu/run..  Type CMD and when it appears in the listing, right mouse click on it and select run as admin. 

2.  Navigate to C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor 2014\bin and type Inventor /install.

3.  Wait a few mins and they launch Inventor again.

If that fails you may want to reset your Inventor profile per this link: http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticl...

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 4 of 4
Hasan-ER

Hi, 

What is the operating system ?  I encountered the same problem,

Solution: 

This issue is fixed in Inventor 2014 Service Pack 1. You can download or directly install this service pack at Autodesk Inventor 2014 Service Pack 1. The Inventor LT 2014 Service Pack 1 can be downloaded at Autodesk Inventor LT 2014 Service Pack 1.

Note: Versions prior to Inventor 2014 do not support Windows 8.1. Inventor 2015 does support Windows 8.1.

Windows Explorer may crash if any earlier versions of Inventor, Inventor LT, or InventorView are installed.  Windows will display the "Windows Explorer has stopped working" dialog.  To avoid this crash, you can uninstall unsupported versions from the Control Panel. 

If Inventor 2014 is installed, you can install the service pack directly from the web browser.  This eliminates the need to run 2014 SP1 from a Windows/Run prompt.

Forumlarımızda çözülen sorularınızı "ÇÖZÜM OLARAK KABUL ET" seçimiyle işaretlemeyi lütfen unutmayın.
Beğendiğiniz mesajları lütfen "Övgü Puanı" ile ödüllendirin.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report