Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2014 copy paste problem in assembly file

38 REPLIES 38
Message 1 of 39
AhmetSevik
7651 Views, 38 Replies

Inventor 2014 copy paste problem in assembly file

Hello,

I have an Assembly with many parts. Before, i can copy/paste for parst/ parts / subassembly in assembly mode. I can mark all and  i did copy/paste all object in assembly.
Now in 2014,  select all what i want i push ctrl+c but when i try to paste with keyboard or wiht right click, dont paste. No more.

For now, i solve so; i open part/parts/subassembly on new window (Right click- open) and if i click copy in new window then i can do paste to in assembly.

I use this so oftly, and so usualy for me. Now , i lost time.

Do you have any idea? Thank you...

38 REPLIES 38
Message 21 of 39
AhmetSevik
in reply to: Hagemann8

Hi, When i had this copy/paste problems, i noticed that this problem coming with my old files. I mean, when i created new parts and new assemblies then i didint have problem with copy/paste. Only on old files (Old mean not before 10 years. Just prepared with previous version Inventor).

Can you try to create new assembly from zero. atention for also pasrt or sub assembly create with new inventor 2014. Then try it ctrl-x.. Maybe also you will have this problem only with old files.
Message 22 of 39
Hagemann8
in reply to: AhmetSevik

no.

Unfortunately it doesn´t work with absolutely no files. Old, new, imported step, iam, ipt,... nothing works.

Inventor just seems to not copy the part to its clipboard when cutting it with ctrl-x.

Now I tried to open some iam in my latest Inventor version 2013 and there cutting and pasting is no problem - everything works just fine as I am used to...

Very strange bug, huh?

Message 23 of 39
AhmetSevik

Yes, it is... I think this version have some problems copy/cut/paste. with update, solved copy/paste. But cut/paste...
I think soebody interest soon. Pation...
Message 24 of 39
AhmetSevik

My mistake..

Also, my cut/paste doesnt work. I noticed now...When i said that work for me. I did mistake (Sorry)..

Copy/paste works after update but cut/paste doestn work...

Message 25 of 39
Hagemann8

well...

I´m not glad, that it doesn´t work for you either - but I´m happy that I´m not the only one with this problem.

That increases the chance to beeing solved soon - I hope...

thanks for you time

Message 26 of 39
csaba.stupak

The cut/paste issue was reported to development. I recommend to use the copy/paste workflow, which recreates the constraints between the copy/pasted components.

Thanks,

Csaba

Message 27 of 39
me
Observer
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

same problem with our installation.

I just installed the new Factory Design Suite updates included (uninstalled 2013 before), and now the Copy/Paste doesn't work, tho' it is mapped in the Inventor customization.

In wondows or office it works well.

kind regards

Nils

Message 28 of 39
me
Observer
in reply to: me

I just recognized, that ever other shortcuts don't work.

F7 for example in a sketch.

Message 29 of 39
Anonymous

This is a cut and & problem I have

I can Draw a circle in Autocad 2014 then try paste into inventor 2014 Sketch but nothing comes in ?

Message 30 of 39
Anonymous
in reply to: johnsonshiue

You have a 32 bit update 2 for inventor 2014 wheres the update for the 64bit system

Message 31 of 39
blair
in reply to: Anonymous

If you download the file, both the 32bit and 64bit versions are packaged in the zip file. You should see both files when you extract the zip file

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 32 of 39
csaba.stupak

The last 2014 service pack should solve the copy/paste issues. Could you check what version of Inventor do you use?

In case you have the latest service pack I would like to see the assembly what do you use and the exact steps/video how do you do the copy/paste. For example:

1) Open XY.iam

2) Select SubAssy:1, Part1:1 instances, Ctrl + C

3) Open new assembly

4) Ctrl + V and nothing happens

This would help to reproduce the issue on our side.

Thanks,

Csaba

Message 33 of 39
Hagemann8
in reply to: csaba.stupak

The latest Service Pack solved the "cut - paste" issue.

But now the constrains dialog box dissappears when pasting some part or assembly from the clipboard.

Weird and annoying !

Message 34 of 39
csaba.stupak

I suppose you have the constriant dialog opened while you try to copy/paste some instances, right?

I'm afraid this is as designed - due to Undo. The Paste operation is also a command (without dialog/user interface) and as all commands which modify the document it terminates the currently running command.

Thanks, Csaba

Message 35 of 39
Hagemann8

hello Csaba,

well, I got your point - but it worked well in 2013 and it helped a lot and saved time.

I never had any need to go back (undo command) after pasting - (let´s call it "unpaste"). I just deleted the components I didn´t need.

Message 36 of 39
AhmetSevik
in reply to: blair

Hello,

Anway with last update (DL21901957) solved copy/paste problem. Nor work well for me.
But cut/paste problem is continiue still. When i try to do ctrl+X, my part/parts is disappeir (this is normal) and when i do ctrl+v, part or parts don't come back. All of disappeier. Ctrl+X workink like delete command.
For to do reback i have to do ctrl+Z (undo). For now, i solve with copy/paste and after that i delet original part.
Cut/paste doesn't work still.

Message 37 of 39
csaba.stupak

The fix for cut/paste issue will be included in next update.

Thanks, Csaba

Message 38 of 39
Hagemann8

As I said, cut/paste works for me since 1st update.

Here´s my wishlist for the 2nd update:

- keep constriant dialog box on paste

- make inventor remember the last data in rounding corners, chamfer, drilling, etc. its always 2 now (drilling I think is 3)

- add possibility to add fittings to an iam as "normal" parts, not "routed systems" parts

Smiley Wink

Message 39 of 39
csaba.stupak

Unfortunately the Paste command have to terminate other commands (including the constriant dialog), before that it was just a source of issues :-(.

The other two are good suggestions. May I ask you to post them to the IdeaStation ?

Thanks, Csaba

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report