Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2014 Content Center vanished

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
DougSeelbach
2162 Views, 9 Replies

Inventor 2014 Content Center vanished

The content center is completely empty on 3 different seats of Autodesk Inventor 2014.  They all had the content center and it was working perfectly until a random moment and they all went empty at different times.  Two of these seats were upgraded from 2013 while the other was a fresh installation.  We do not use the vault and on my main computer, the items I marked as favorites are still able to be seen, but only available as custom parts each time.

There are 4 other seats here with Inventor installed and the content center is working, should I expect them all to vanish as well?  How can I get it back? 

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
DougSeelbach
in reply to: DougSeelbach

I have been researching this extensively for a couple weeks now and it seems that most people that have encountered this issue have literally given up, uninstalled the entier suite and then reinstalled it to get their content center back.  As painful as that sounds right now, it seems the be the only way as of now.

Message 3 of 10
DougSeelbach

Update:  I have compared all computers as to the location of the content center files and where I have the software directed to pull information.  Everything is exactly the same with all computers. 

"C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Inventor 2014\Content Center\Libraries\"

Message 4 of 10
bob_holland

Doug,

Can you check and see if a new user logged into one of these computers, do you see the same problem?

Have you tried creating a new IPJ file?

Thank you.

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support
Message 5 of 10
DougSeelbach
in reply to: bob_holland

Viola, I figured out what was wrong with one computer for strictly today.  I know I have checked the "tree view" time and time again, but for some reason today after turning it off and on twice it has decided to show me all my supplies, not just my favorites.  (I just marked literally everything as a favorite for the time being).  The other 2 computers are still lacking all information regarding to the content center. 

Strictly 1 user per seat and we have tried creating new Ipj files to no avail.

Message 6 of 10
DougSeelbach

Does anyone have any ideas how to get the content center back on the other seats? 

Message 7 of 10
blair

Possibly a bad User Profile. Log in as a different user and see if the problem persists. If not then a repair of the corrupt User Profiles should bring everything back. I can post the procedure to repair a User Profile if needed.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 8 of 10
blair
in reply to: blair

Preferable to log in as a user with Admin Privileges.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 9 of 10
DougSeelbach
in reply to: blair

There are no other profiles on these computers, every seat is logged in under administrator.  One seat is currently opening content center about half of the time, one is completely gone and my personal computer is up and running 100%.

Is there a quick patch, is there a way to prevent this from happening again?

Message 10 of 10
blair

Check that your Projects File is set to allow access to the required CC's. I have included a link to the Chronicle file video. https://chronicle.autodesk.com/main/details/5a30e598-7474-4da4-b9b1-4b6b8ce5534d

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report