Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2014 color issue

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
mlstalter
319 Views, 4 Replies

Inventor 2014 color issue

Hi all,

Having a problem this morning of managing part/sub-assembly colors and welcome any help I can get. I have a sub-assembly containing parts of different colors and when I open up an upper level assembly, the colors aren't consistent with sub-assembly colors. It's probably something simple I'm overlooking. Could anyone please point me in the right direction?

regards,

Michael

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: mlstalter

It sounds like your part level colors are different than your sub-assembly (which is an assembly by itself) level colors at the assembly level.

It sounds like when you place your sub into an assembly it is reverting to the part level colors rather than those assigned at the (sub) assembly level.

I recommend you set your colors at the part level.

Also look into Design View Representations.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
Cadmanto

Michael,

Did you create these parts?  At which level did you assign the colors for the parts?  Like JD said, the color assignments should be made at the part level.  It gets too confusing as you are seeing to assign the colors at upper levels.  Are you assigning materials as well and using the material color at all?

If for some reason non of this is the case, please post your models or at the very least some images of what you are seeing.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 4 of 5
mlstalter
in reply to: Cadmanto

JD & Scott,

Thanks for the replies and both are correct. This is a tubular conveyor frame created with frame generator and the colors were assigned at the sub-asm level instead of the part level. Since assigning color to all the individual parts that make up the frame would be very time consuming, I found that I can fix the incorrect colors in the sub-asm by selecting the sub-asm in the browser, rmb, select iProps and in the "occurrence" tab, select Appearances and modify to desired color. I have a list of favorites I can select from to set the frame color. Many thanks for your replies.

Michael Stalter

Message 5 of 5
Cadmanto

Michael,

I can see why the frame generator might be one of the rare cases you would want to assign the colors at the assembly level.

Don't blame you at all for doing it this way.  At least now you know that those colors don't spread out into the upper level assemblies.  Smiley Happy

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums