Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2014 and Quadro Fx880M users. Please help!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Lawlej
848 Views, 7 Replies

Inventor 2014 and Quadro Fx880M users. Please help!

I have a major problem. Inventor 2014 will instantly crash out and close if i attempt to use my Nvidia Quadro FX-880M graphics card. The program crashes the moment you try to open a part, or create a new part. I disabled the graphics card in the device manager, and the program runs fine. I then switched to "software graphics" and the program will run in this mode, even after i have re enabled the card in the device manager. 

I have done some searching, and I see that several users are running the Fx-880m with inventor 2014. I am mystified as to what you have done to make this work. I would greatly appreciate if someone could chime in and help me out with getting the software and hardware to play along nicely. 

Thank you. 

I am running Windows 7 64 bit. 

Lenovo W510

8gb of ram

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
blair
in reply to: Lawlej

Update to the latest Microsoft certified drivers from the Nvidia website. Most manufactures ship extremely early versions of drivers with their machines.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 8
Lawlej

Are you guessing at a solution?

I have downloaded the newest drivers, the previous drivers, as well as the original drivers that shipped with my system. None of them work. All drivers require the "software graphics" to be selected in Inventor 2014. 

I have also deleted every autodesk product from my system, used the cleanup utility, and did a complete re-install of Inventor 2014 with the fancy new drivers and it also instantly closes. 

I would like to hear from sombody who is using this card, and what their setup is. 

Message 4 of 8
blair

Without all the information such as you just listed that's all that anyone could do. If your machine is shipped with dual graphics cards, the high performance Nvidia card and then most likely shipped with an Intel onboard 4000 series card you could have a conflict. Check the lap-top manufactures website for possibly any bios updates for your machine.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 8
Lawlej
in reply to: blair

I am not sure what other graphics cards might be on the motherboard. I have nothing else listed under "display adaptors". 

Message 6 of 8
blair

I use an AlienWare Mx series when I am on the road, it has both a Nvidia above board graphics card as well as an Intel 4000 series on-board card. I'll post some screen captures this evening when I get home. Check in the Nvidia Control Panel, you might have additional settings there.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 7 of 8
blair
in reply to: blair

All your Microsoft drivers (DirectX11) are up to date as well?

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 8 of 8
blair

See if you have this setting in your Nvidia control panelUntitled-1.jpg

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report