Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2014 - Add-ins not working

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
WhiteSmith137
339 Views, 0 Replies

Inventor 2014 - Add-ins not working

I have downloaded and installed the Student Version of Autodesk Inventor Professional 2014. This is the first Autodesk product to ever be installed on this machine (Windows 7 64-bit). Activation and registration was successful. All applications and tools seemed to work properly, until I checked out the Environments tab.

After creating a part and placing it in an assembly, I noticed that all of the options under this tab are greyed out, except for "Convert to Weldment" and "Add-Ins". The Add-Ins Manager claims that all of these add-ins are loaded, and they are set to load automatically. Strangely, if I untick the Loaded/Unloaded box of Inventor Studio, click OK, re-open the manager, re-tick the checkbox, and click OK again, the Inventor Studio appears enabled. However, upon click it, all of its children options remain disabled (greyed-out). 

I have tried running the programs with Admin privileges with no success. I have repaired Inventor 2014: no success. I have reinstalled the application: no success. I have COMPLETELY uninstalled the program, removing ALL program files and data, user data, and even registry entries related to ANY Autodesk software. I then proceeded to re-download and re-install the program and its components: still no success. I am running out of ideas. I have searched the web and found no solution pertaining to the 2014 version.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there something else I need to do in order to use Inventor Studio? It is my understanding that the Student Version is a FULL version of the software; Am I wrong? Many thanks in advance for answers and suggestions related to this issue.

I have attached some screen-shots of my issue.

Tyler

Tags (2)
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums