Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inventor 2013 wont open parts of inventor 2014

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
DrOppeppertje
631 Views, 3 Replies

inventor 2013 wont open parts of inventor 2014

Hello,

As you guys know i had some problems with my inventor 2013. Luckely 2014 works with service pack 1. Now i have another problem:

on school they have 2013, and i have 2014. But I tried to open a part made in a 2014 version. Anyone ideas how to fix that? I think this program is expensive enough that they won't make different part versions ;). 

Hopefully u guys can help me out.

Wladimir

{edit}

i can open parts made on 2013

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
DarrenP
in reply to: DrOppeppertje

there is no saving down in inventor

you can export to .stp file and open it in 2013 but you will lose the feature history

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
blair
in reply to: DarrenP

As DarrenP has posted you can't have backwards functionality. As the main kernel for the part changes with each version to allow new functionality you can't save backwards. You can only migrate forwards, bring old versions up to new versions.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 4 of 4
BrettNorthey1974
in reply to: blair

Im having a similar issue where my 2013 files wont open in 2014 Inventor.. I have installed all three service packs but still no luck.. I am a novice tbh.  I have attached a file here that perhaps you could scan your keen eye over?  thanks in advance..

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums