Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2013 won't install because the graphics card can't be read

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
caydjj
470 Views, 6 Replies

Inventor 2013 won't install because the graphics card can't be read

I have tried downloading inventor and I am to the point in which it will install. It will install all the other files in the batch but it will not install Inventor because it says the graphics card can't be read.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
caydjj
in reply to: caydjj

I just looked at the log file and it said error 5100 occured

Message 3 of 7
Hochenauer

What operating system are you installing on?

Gerald Hochenauer
Senior Principal Engineer, Inventor
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 7
caydjj

I am using OSX Mavericks on an iMac, but I am using the programs Wine and Winebottler to open up .exe files
Message 5 of 7
mcgyvr

@caydjj wrote:
I am using OSX Mavericks on an iMac, but I am using the programs Wine and Winebottler to open up .exe files

http://images.autodesk.com/adsk/files/autodesk_inventor_on_the_macintosh_faq.pdf

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 6 of 7
caydjj

This doesn't really include my problem. I've got everything else worked out, I just need inventor to regognize my graphics card. Because Wine (it's like Parallels) is a virtualization I don't know how to allow inventor to acess information about my graphics card
Message 7 of 7
mcgyvr

My point is that Inventor isn't supported or recommended to be installed as you are trying to do so.

You need parallels/bootcamp. 

You need to follow the recommended/supported installation methods. You aren't and as such you will experience problems.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report