The slot one click feature will be add in 2014 version.
This how Autodesk keep the people subscription.
There should be a better way to simplify parts. It is harder to simplify parts if a larger assembly, sent via some lazy Solidworks users, does not have a proper level of detail.
1. Maybe there could be an envelope creation possibility per the .ipt (part files), like how Inventor Simplification works.
2. A level of detail for the parts
3. the ability to use a substituted part.
There already exists a great workflow regarding sub assemblies. Why not create the same exact type of workflow for the parts as well? The programming for that should not be difficult to do, as it is already there... basically.
4. If you are worried about ribbon clutter... use workspaces like AutoCAD!
5. Oh yeah, and fix that darn surface problem. I would like to treat a surface exactly like a solid. All that would be involved there would be some simple if-then statements for each piece. "is it a surface? if yes, thicken then combine". Maybe work around the limitations of the kernal for now.
No official monitoring of this thread-- use the Inventor IdeaStation forum to post enhancement requests.
Inventor 2012 Certified Professional
Please click "Accept as Solution" if this response answers your question.
Inventor Professional 2013 SP1.1 Update 2
Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit, SP1
HP EliteBook 8770w; 8 GB RAM; Core™ i7-3720QM 2.60 GHz; Quadro K4000M
SpaceExplorer/SpaceNavigator NB, driver 3.16.2
still waiting for a foreshortened radius dimensioning tool in Drawing Manager
Hey, when did they change the logo? (Sorry, I haven't checked in in a week or two.)
Just imagine how many new features or bug fixes they could have done for the time and money spent on that!
We're all over here saying, "I wish it would do this." or, "I wish it could do that." and they're over there thinking, "I read somewhere that blue and green are good - we have to have a new logo that uses blue and green more!" and then someone else chimes in with, "But look at the forums ... we need a new text font on the logo to make it REALLY stand out at the top of the page there."
I'd point out that you're posting in a 2013 wish list. Not only are these threads obsoleted by the new idea station now, but any suggestion you make now couldn't possibly be implemented until the 2015 release.