Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2013 WinXP 32 bit - close unexpectedly

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
eunice.chagoya
985 Views, 1 Reply

Inventor 2013 WinXP 32 bit - close unexpectedly

Error Message: A software problem has caused Autodesk Inventor to close unexpectedly

Autodesk Inventor 2013 was installed on a Win XP 32 bit machine. When opening, this crashes and the following splash screen appears (see attachment).

Also I am adding the dump.zip generated when the user tries to open the application.

The user experiencing this issues have uninstalled the application and re-installed and loaded service pack 2 but the issue is still there, including update 1.

Can you please help me troubleshoot or read the dump file, so I can help this user please?

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
inchul.lee
in reply to: eunice.chagoya

Hi Eunice Chagoya,

Usually, this kind of error is due to:

• Corrupted installation or Windows user profile
  • Outdated graphics card driver
  • Anti-virus or security software limiting user permissions 

In order to resolve such an issue, it is recommended that you isolate the issue from other variables. You can apply several methods as below:

First of all, please check below points:

• Install the latest product updates: http://usa.autodesk.com/support/downloads/
  • Install the latest Windows updates
  • Install the latest graphics card updates
  • Temporarily disable any anti-virus or security software
  • Set UAC (User Account Control) to the lowest level
  • Disable Windows 3GB switch if in use
  • Try log in as a different Windows user account or new local administrator account
  • Try Windows Diagnostic mode (Enable Windows Installer and FLEXnet Licensing services)
  • Temporarily uninstall 3rd party applications / add-ins

Secondly, I would recommend you to uninstall/re-install your product completely. This will mostly fix any issues from corrupted installation. Please refer to the following TS:

How to remove all Autodesk products from a Windows system
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=2887771&linkID=9240617

Inchul Lee

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report