Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2013 will not Open - New Install

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
MadCatter
849 Views, 5 Replies

Inventor 2013 will not Open - New Install

Before I installed the Product Design Suite, Network License.   I did a Clean Uninstall of all Autodesk software: Uninstalled Programs, Deleted remaining Autodesk Folders, Cleared the Registry of all things Autodesk, cleared the Windows Temp folder, and Even ran Windows Install Clean Up Program.   Clean slate, start the install, type in my three redundant license server names, the suite installs without a hitch.  

I reboot.  I opened AutoCad Mechanical, and AutoCAd with not issues.   However Inventor, Showcase, Sketchbook, 3ds Max, and Fusion will not load/open,  all is the blue spinning wheel.    Check the Task Manager and see the program in processes, nothing happens.  Then I right click on the image, and I will get a window stating program not responding.

I checked my Environmental Variables and the ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FLEX and FLEXLM_TIMEOUT are set correctly. 

I do understand why my Autocad and Mechanical are the only software that functions out of the suite.     I have done a complete uninstall and re-install and the issue still exists.   Only AutoCAD will Open and function. Intentor will not open.

Machine description:

Dell Precision T3500

Intel Xeon W3530 @ 2.80 Ghz

12 gb RAM

ATI FirePro V5800

Win 7 Enterprise 64 bit

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi MadCatter,

You might also search here: Installation & Licensing forum.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 3 of 6

Thanks,  Do I need to post the question over there.   Would I get more replies?

I've seen a few folks have similar issues, but haven't seen any solutions.    This is furstrating,  all want or need is Inventor and AutoCAD operational.  

Message 4 of 6
SBix26
in reply to: MadCatter

Did you also clear your Windows user profile of all things Autodesk?  There might be corrupted remnants of something there.  One way to check is to use a different login and see if Inventor, etc will start.

Sam B
Inventor 2012 Certified Professional

Please click "Accept as Solution" if this response answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor Professional 2013 SP1.1 Update 1
Windows XP Pro 32-bit, SP3
HP EliteBook 8730w; 4 GB RAM; Core™ 2 Duo T9400 2.53 GHz; Quadro FX2700M
SpaceExplorer/SpaceNavigator NB, driver 3.7.18
still waiting for a foreshortened radius dimensioning tool in Drawing Manager

Message 5 of 6
MadCatter

Yes, It was my profile.   Turns out just removing the Autodesk files from it was not enough.   We had to remove it from the registry too. 

Inventor still takes awhile to launch, once it's up it operates normally.  

Thanks Everyone for your timely help! 

Message 6 of 6
MadCatter

Update:  After I was able to get Inventor to launch it still took 5-6 minutes to open,  I checked hardware, installed updates, drivers, deselected settings, selected setting  etc.....      Local Autodesk support guy told I need to look at OS processes and network to find the bottleneck.    First thing I did was borrow a network license, shut it down, and started inventor, 20 seconds later inventor was up and running.   Turns out a year ago one of our license servers was decommisioned and the users were never notified.   After I updated the enviromental variables with the correct license servers, Inventor launches just fine, alittle slower than it does with a license checked out.   

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report