Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2013 - Views and Dimensions not visible

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
jjha
1123 Views, 6 Replies

Inventor 2013 - Views and Dimensions not visible

The details are there but I can't see them until I put the cursor over them.  Enclosed is a jpg of the problem. 

Ram for Inventor process is at 700-800,000 k-bytes.  My graphics card is a Nvidia Quadro FX580.

Anyone have a clue?  Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
JDMather
in reply to: jjha

Have you installed Service Pack 1.1?

Can you attach the files here?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
4donwan4

I have seen certain type of geometry cause this, ellipses and splines that are used in sketches to create model edges. Ex. Like a water tank to where the lid is like a dome. This in the past has caused views not to display. I would suggest getting the files to Autodesk to look at.

Don

Message 4 of 7
jjha

@JDMATHER.

Sp1.1 was installed last week.  This problem is evident in multiple files.  Atttached is one of them.  Observations suggest that this problem is memory related (see jpg attachment)

If so, why would 700,000 kb be a trigger????? Just curious.

Thanks

JJ

PS.  file is too large to attach

Tags (2)
Message 5 of 7
BassEngineer

I have a customer with the same problem.

Any fixes yet?

Message 6 of 7
jjha
in reply to: BassEngineer

no solution yet except to recreate the file a different way.  it could also be dependent on texture and surfases attached to the ipt/iam and Inventor losing track of where the texture/surface files are located. 

Sorry I couldn't be any more help .  Inventor has had lots of bugs since I've started to use it (2008) and I've come to accept that it will always have lots of bugs with no fixes.  Just make do until the next release comes out. 

Message 7 of 7
blair

I suspect it's your graphics card, the FX580 is a old and slow card. This card has a performance rating of 304 (average G3D Mark) I would be looking at a new card, you are probably still on old drivers as well. This card is ranked 570th in graphics card rankings.

Capture.JPG

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report