Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2013 tutorials

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
jorfontenot
2260 Views, 6 Replies

Inventor 2013 tutorials

how do i download the tutorial files from the website to my inventor program?

i know where the files are located and how im supposed to put them in there but inventor doesnt register them and wont open them.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
blair
in reply to: jorfontenot

Downloads and instructions are here: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=16463987

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 7
jorfontenot
in reply to: blair

like i said i see where they are..... im sayin the program doesnt register them when i do try to install them....

Message 4 of 7
falkmassmann

There is no installation for the files, it´s just a zip-file which you have to unpack into the appropriate folder.

Or you probably drop them anywhere you like if you put the project file for them with the folder.

If you can´t unzip into a specific location you maybe don´t have the write permission on that folder if you´re working on your company PC.

The default folder is located under Win 7 in the public documents under Autodesk\Inventor 201x\Samples\

in a subfolder named specific to your language setting where a html file is located with the following name:

Where_are_my_Inventor_Sample_files.html

There you should unpack the contents of the zip-file.

All the best

Message 5 of 7
jorfontenot

i have dropped them into a folder located in the autodesk subfiles, i can see it in autodesk but when i try to pull them up in inventor they wont come up, i guess i have to pull them up individually but to me this is not user friendly and neither is autodesk. any one have recommendations for how to make inventor more user friendly? im used to solidworks just having the tutorials built in and this is quite frustrating that i have to jump through hoops just to learn the program for FEA. im not an expert on how to use either one by any means but im fairly knowledgable about how to build stuff on them and how they work. These tutorial files just seem to be very unorthodox on how they are set up. it may just be me though

Message 6 of 7
JDMather

This isn't really an Inventor problem - it sounds like a basic Windows file management understanding problem.

Attach file here that won't open.

Did you extract the zipped files?

Exactly what error are you getting?

Does your school have a student IT Help Desk that can help you open the files?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
JDMather

jorfontenot wrote:...., i guess i have to pull them up individually but to me this is not user friendly and neither is autodesk.

This doesn't make sense to me, in fact I'm not sure what you are even trying to say.

Autodesk is a company.  Have you contacted your VAR?

Have you had any training?  Autodesk Inventor is a professional program and deserves (requires?) a professional level of preparation.

I am not aware of any significant differences between Inventor and SolidWorks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report