Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2013 SP1

94 REPLIES 94
Message 1 of 95
Anonymous
2950 Views, 94 Replies

Inventor 2013 SP1

Inventor 2013 SP1 is up!

94 REPLIES 94
Message 61 of 95
Ryan.Martinez
in reply to: telambert

It isnt really a big deal if you backup your settings. Which i recomend

P.D.S. 2015
P.D.S. 2016
Message 62 of 95
QuasiMojo
in reply to: Ryan.Martinez

It's not a big deal, it's annoying.  It feels like computing in 1998, when you had save your files every five minutes and backup your settings before the next crash.

Oh, and SP1 didn't mess up my application options.

Message 63 of 95
julesgf
in reply to: Anonymous

All good here

Substantially quicker when updating a very complex assembly.

As far as I'm concerned that is evidence of AD working on core functionality

JF

Message 64 of 95
DesignerNinja
in reply to: julesgf

I still can't type an extrude value in the heads up display - I have to go to the extrude dialog box to make that work.  Even though the Extrude Command DEFAULTS to the Heads Up Display.  Hmmm...How many releases have been like this?

ALL OF THEM.

Not working on core functionality.

BOXX 4920 XTREME
Intel Six Core i7-4960X OC'd to 4.5GHz / Water-Cooled
480 GB SSD x 2
48 GB 1600 MHz RAM
NVIDIA K6000 Quadro Graphics Card
Windows 7 Ultimate - 64 Bit
"BEAST MODE"
Message 65 of 95
julesgf
in reply to: DesignerNinja

Haven't seen that problem on any of the machines here.

There was a problem whereby you couldn't enter a user parameter into a feature (HUD or otherwise) while doing a part edit-in-place (you had to open the part explicitly)

Just checked and coincidentally they have just fixed that with SP1

Message 66 of 95
DesignerNinja
in reply to: julesgf

Yeah, it makes me feel like I'm losing it because I keep thinking - "Surely they wouldn't have let something like this through - it has to be me".

But actually I've recently spoken with an AutoDesk insider and all the problems I asked them about, they embarrassingly admitted to and said that AutoDesk knows about some / most of these issues, but they aren't a priority to get fixed.

Where I work at, if something doesn't work - you fix it.  Or they'll get someone that will.

Cheers.

BOXX 4920 XTREME
Intel Six Core i7-4960X OC'd to 4.5GHz / Water-Cooled
480 GB SSD x 2
48 GB 1600 MHz RAM
NVIDIA K6000 Quadro Graphics Card
Windows 7 Ultimate - 64 Bit
"BEAST MODE"
Message 67 of 95
julesgf

It's obviously a trade off between slow evolving but stable software and fast evoloution and more issues.

From where I'm sitting IV is on the money

Message 68 of 95
QuasiMojo

I don't think they really use their own software.  The make software, not hardware.  That's why they spend time making a fancy but useless floating mini-toolbar that you can't turn off. It looks nice in the documentation but sucks to use. 

If you look at the presentations their execs gave for the shareholders, you'll see that they're trying to sell subscriptions to the software suites, even though ~65% of the users only use one program.  They seem to be trying to get into the multimedia market and so the parametric design stuff is second-fiddle to the CGI stuff.  At least that's my interpretation.

Inventor has some terrific features and some monumentally annoying ones.  I don't see the trend going in the right direction, unfortunately.  I'd love to be wrong.

Message 69 of 95

I just installed SP1.1 on a users machine and it crashed twice in 2 minutes.  2013 Inventor is so unstable.  Is it also supose to install SP1 also?  I am at a loss for words with these crashes and the Material Issues.  Nothing I try works anymore.  My users are getting very frustrated. 

Message 70 of 95
Anonymous
in reply to: travispeck1983

Post machine specs you are having problems with.

Message 71 of 95

Dell Precision WorkStation T7500

Ram - 24576

Video Card - NVIDIA Quardro 5000

Video Ram - 14590

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional x64

Message 72 of 95
Anonymous

Does this machine have all windows updates installed?

Have you updated the graphics drivers?

Are you submitting the crash reports?

Message 73 of 95
travispeck1983

I just updated the graphics driver last week.  That isn't the case.  I have been submitting crash reports.  All the windows updates are updated. 

The user installed SP1.1 then went to turn on a surface and a crash,  Then reopened Inventor and tried it again and crashed.

Message 74 of 95
Anonymous

Message 75 of 95
travispeck1983

Why would that help? 

Message 76 of 95
Anonymous

The machine specs are more that adequate, so I can only assume that something went wrong during the installation.

Did you have anti-virus and UAC turned off during the install?

Message 77 of 95
travispeck1983

My only question is that it is happeneing to all users not just this one.  Every user has to be uninstalled and reinstalled?  This seems pretty extreme especially if it doesnt work. 

As for our Anti-Virus on our machines,  they are always running and hasn't given us an issue for all the other installations of Inventor we have installed.  I highly doubt this is that issue.

Message 78 of 95
johnsonshiue
in reply to: vmcarbonneau

Hi! Could you post the dataset exhibiting the behavior here or send it to me via email? If it is bigger than 20MB, I can set up a secure account for you to upload.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 79 of 95

Hi! Does it happen on the Inventor within Product Design Suite or Factory Design Suite? Do you see the problem prior to SP1.1? Or, this is new to SP1.1?

Thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 80 of 95

Hi! Did you submit crash reports after the crash happened? If not, could you send one with your email address so I can track it in the crash report system?

Thanks!

Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report