Because I just waited over a minute to change a content center bolt's length, for it to 'update part'.... Dang.
I can't be dealing with these hangups like this, guys... I have models to make, and products to push out!!
Did you migrate your content center files, your styles, colors, templates, etc...
Did you used Vault?
Is your content center on the network, on vault or in local on your machine?
We need to find what's wrong...
I'm not Weavly, but I do have some of the same issues. I don't think it's quite as slow as that, but it's still pretty slow.
I have a Vault, but I don't use it - my project is set up to be completely local and self-sufficient. Everything is on the local machine. Everything is migrated, except for Content Center which was a new installation for 2013. (2011 used the network content center.)
Content Center files are all stored locally. All Styles are as well, etc.
I had not migrated anything from a legacy version, nor have I used Vault for anything yet. So I should not have any issues with that at the moment.
Everything is installed and ran locally on my workstation (PC) here at the office.
Are you running an SSD or HDD? If you are running a 5400 RPM HDD you will definitly experience slowdowns.
Intel Xeon W3565 3.2 GHZ
12 GB Ram
256 GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD
ATI FirePro V5700
I'm equipped with 7200RPM HDDs, but even if I was using 5400 Rpm HDD they shall be not have a so big difference between Inventor 2012 and Inventor 2013...
From what I see from this post, we all have a well configured computer (Up to 32Gb RAM in this thread) to run Inventor whithout been laggy....
And it happens that we use network or local files, Vault or not...
Attached a video of the new function slow down between network (H and local (D drive. See How it's slow with Inventor 2013...
My experrience is that if I change project I have to restart Inventor. If not the Inventor is very, very slow. Also missing file of material library (adsklib) slows Inventor. Could not be this your problem?
I experienced the same performance issues after I installed PRDSU2013 (one small assembly of 40+ parts took 2 hours to open). The problem (for me, at least) stemmed from the custom material definitions I had created in 2012 and previous, which did not migrate successfully to the new release's Material and Appearance Libraries definitions. I also have alot of custom content in the Content Center, which affected the performance as well. My solution required purging all of the custom definitions and applying a new, similar one from within the new libraries. Unmodified definitions had to be updated. After many, many hours of purge/update, 2013 now runs @90% of the speed of 2012. Not great, but much better. I'm still trying to track down some pesky problems in some sheet metal parts.
If you create any custom materials/appearances, I would recommend following the steps outlined here:
The process is a little different depending upon whether it is begun from within an idw or iam/ipt
When in a idw, follow these steps in order:
When in a iam or ipt, follow these steps in order:
This is an ongoing process, obviously, and I re-create my custom materials and appearances as needed, or when I have time, using the Asset Management project defined above. If any of my custom materials had been applied to custom items in the Content Center, then they have to be redefined, too.
This may or may not affect your issue, but perhaps it will help..
Access a broad range of knowledge to help get the most out of your products and services.