Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2013 "Update1" Now Available...

25 REPLIES 25
Message 1 of 26
ChrisMitchell01
1903 Views, 25 Replies

Inventor 2013 "Update1" Now Available...

The Inventor 2013 "Update1" was just posted:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=19656800&linkID=9242019

I hope this helps,

Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

25 REPLIES 25
Message 2 of 26

Great news.

I quit inventor, ran the 64-bit installation file, seems to install without problems. But when I start up inventor it still reports RTM, build 138 in the "about" dialog..

So I wonder if this is something more people are seing, and if it failed to install or if it failed to update the about-info...

Message 3 of 26
sholmes
in reply to: JorgenBjornes

I had the same thing happen. Is this the new name for Service Packs?

Message 4 of 26
mcgyvr
in reply to: sholmes

Whats the difference between an update and a service pack?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 5 of 26
mrattray
in reply to: mcgyvr

A service pack reminds people of the other CAD package, which shall not be named, which calls their updates "service packs".  Update is a much better name...  because AutoDesk says so.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 6 of 26
JorgenBjornes
in reply to: mrattray

Autodesk has released "updates" to vault for several releases now. Even if the "about" dialog says its a service pack 🙂

So yes, it is probably just the new name for a SP.

Message 7 of 26
kstate92
in reply to: ChrisMitchell01

Joing in to read any 'they didn't still fix...' comments.

/grabs popcorn

KState92
Inventor Professional 2020
AutoCAD Mechanical 2022.0.1
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit - 1903
Core i7-8700 32 GB Ram
Quadro P2000
Message 8 of 26

Inventor will still have Service Packs going forward. Updates are intended to deliver critical updates (formerly Hotfixes) on a more predictable schedule.

Service Packs allow us to deliver more complex changes and Service Packs increment the build. Like Hotfixes, Updates only affect targeted areas of the product associated with particular issues. Updates do not increment the build. 

You will see periodic Updates in between Service Packs. Both Service Packs and Updates are now cumulative. Meaning you only have to install the most recent Service Pack and Update to obtain all previously released patches.

Best regards,

David

David Harris

Technical Lead- DLS Rapid Response Team

Design Lifecycle & Simulation

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 9 of 26

To answer the initial question below, to check if you have the update installed, go to Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, or Uninstall a program, & click on View Installed Updates. You will see that shown in the attached.

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Mitchell
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 10 of 26
kstate92

@ChrisMitchell01 wrote:

To answer the initial question below, to check if you have the update installed, go to Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, or Uninstall a program, & click on View Installed Updates. You will see that shown in the attached.

Thanks,
Chris

Before we upgraded to Win 7, our XP boxes had no Control Panel listed in the menu as IT thought that was too much - well, control - for end users to have*.  Not sure if that isn't possible in Win 7 or they had a change of heart, but there might be a handful of users out there that won't be able to do such a check - though one would think IT would at least tell them they installed an update...

Still seems a long way 'round for something that could be accomplished by changing a wee bit 'o text in the About dialog.

* - It didn't take us long to figure out typing in 'appwiz.cpl' at the command line would display the Control Panel.

KState92
Inventor Professional 2020
AutoCAD Mechanical 2022.0.1
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit - 1903
Core i7-8700 32 GB Ram
Quadro P2000
Message 11 of 26
mrattray
in reply to: kstate92

I've noticed that IT guys seem to think that no end user know hows to use command lines.

I've circumvented many a security measure through good old command prompt.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 12 of 26
JorgenBjornes
in reply to: mrattray

OK. the terminology is a little wierd since the vault team uses this term for servicepacks.

I guess updates cannot be included in installation images, right?

Message 13 of 26

Like Hotfixes, Updates cannot be included in a deployment image. Best regards, David [cid:image001.png@01CD4AF3.5A0863A0] David Harris DLS Rapid Response Design Lifecycle & Simulation Autodesk, Inc.
Message 14 of 26

OK, got it. Thanks.

Message 15 of 26

Like some other members, I'm having the RTM-Build 138 issue as well, SN is not ok, too. Control Panel shows Update 1.

But I don't see any change in Colors and Appearances. Can we expect improvements in the near future?

Thanks

Walter

Walter Holzwarth

EESignature

Message 16 of 26

Hi Walter,

Could you explain a bit more what is meant by SN is not OK ? What issue are you seeing ?

Build 138 will always be shown from Help, About, until we release a full service pack.

The fixes in update1 in relation to Materials/Appearances were specific to some fairly low level workflows, which weren't functioning correctly. There were no changes made to the Material & Appearance browser Ui functionality. What issues are you most concerned about for Colors/Appearances ?

Feel free to email me.

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Mitchell
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 17 of 26

I'll send more details by e-Mail, Chris

Walter

Walter Holzwarth

EESignature

Message 18 of 26
trumpy81

Chris, I have installed the Update, but I'm not seeing any change with Knurled scaling.

Knurled 45, which is a standard appearance in 2013, still does not display correctly, despite playing with the scale and amount sliders.

My Custom Brass Knurl appearance is still working nicely though.

Regards
Andy M
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2013 Pro SP1.1, Win7 Pro - 64Bit - SP1, Intel i7 960 @ 3.333 GHz
Asus X58 Sabertooth, Corsair 12Gig DDR3, AMD Radeon HD6970, Samsung 830 Series 256G SSD, 2x 3TB Seagate, 2x 2TB Hitachi,
1x 1TB Samsung, 4 x 2TB Seagate in Netgear ReadyNAS NV+, Dual Asus VE278Q Monitors
Message 19 of 26
ChrisMitchell01
in reply to: trumpy81

Hi Andy,

Unfortunately, that's correct. The scaling work done for update1 was to address some specific issues where custom appearance scales were not migrating correctly. The scale issues with the standard appearances is identified for fix in SP1.

You should still be able to address this yourself though by editing the absolute scale info of the texture file. Edit the appearance, change it to use a custom image for the relief patterm, browse to the desired knurl bitmap file, (likely in C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2013\Textures\Surfaces). Then go in to the texture editor, by clicking on the bitmap image & change the Scale value. Probably need to divide what's there by 12 or 120 if you're working with very small parts. See attached image.

Hope this helps for now,

Chris

Chris Mitchell
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 20 of 26
trumpy81

Thanks Chris, that explains why I'm not seeing any change ... Smiley Very Happy

Oh well, I guess we'll just have to go to the pub ... Smiley Wink

Regards
Andy M
Autodesk Inventor 2013 Pro SP1.1, Win7 Pro - 64Bit - SP1, Intel i7 960 @ 3.333 GHz
Asus X58 Sabertooth, Corsair 12Gig DDR3, AMD Radeon HD6970, Samsung 830 Series 256G SSD, 2x 3TB Seagate, 2x 2TB Hitachi,
1x 1TB Samsung, 4 x 2TB Seagate in Netgear ReadyNAS NV+, Dual Asus VE278Q Monitors

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report