Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inventor 2013 problems with vault add-in

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
matt.smith
2065 Views, 15 Replies

inventor 2013 problems with vault add-in

Hi, on the vault add-in in inventor 2013 i can log into the vault but i cannot open/place/refresh/check-in/check-out. They are grayed out any advice? My system admin upgraded me last week. The add in works on electrical and mechanical. 

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
raggik
in reply to: matt.smith

Same problem here, works in one computer but not another.

Does somebody have solution for this?

Message 3 of 16
matt.smith
in reply to: raggik

I had to set the project files correctly to fix this issue

Message 4 of 16
raggik

OK, that is not my problem.

So any another suggestions??

Message 5 of 16
matt.smith

i read a few guys that had gone to control panel and reinstalled vault-add in on inventor using the add remove programs button.

Has the issue always been there of has it just started? 

Message 6 of 16
raggik

Also tried that, and still no luck.

We just upgraded to 2013, and vault server to 2014.

It workes fine on my computer, but not on my partners computers.

They can log in, but at the vault ribbon everything is greyed out, except "LogOut".

Message 7 of 16
matt.smith

when in inventor 2013, click the inventor button 'the huge I' select manage > projects

ensure your projects are the same on both PCs i would guess that they are not, so just add the projects to the working folder. And roberts your fathers brother (hopefully)

kepp me informed

Message 8 of 16
raggik

Yes, the project files are the same on all computers, I actually copied mine to their computers, just to be sure.

And of course the right project file is choosen.

-RK

Message 9 of 16
matt.smith

sorry, thats my (very) limited expertese exhausted. Try a phone call with customer support?

again sorry 

Message 10 of 16
raggik

Thanks for trying to help me.

I've opened a case.

I will let you know if they can fix this.

-RK

Message 11 of 16
Lancasterm

This is an indication your current project file is not configured as a vault project.

Message 12 of 16
Mark_Wigan
in reply to: Lancasterm

there are occasions when this happens even when everything is setup correctly. if you haven't tried yet do a search (vault add-ins) and you will see quite a few others who have worked through this in the various forms it may take.

sometimes it can be related to a corrupted file or files in your autodesk folders. often it is easy to remedy as you will read. (depending on your operating system you will be able to snooze out a folder location or two. So, with inventor closed, rename the typical folders so that inventor cannot find them next time it starts, start inventor & these folders and files will be regenerated. if it all works again, you know that there was a corrupt file somewhere). you can even try logging onto your workstation as a different user to see if it works for them or not. there are things like corrupted user profiles and the like that can be the offender. if i get time i will do a search for some folder locations that have been mentione don here in the past, and put some links here for you.

ps- i won't go into detail here, but you should be aware that you don't run the job processor at the same time and on the same computer that is runnng inventor and vault. this has been a consistent cause of currupting our vault add-ins in inventor or other painful issues.

best regards,
- Mark

(Kudo or Tag if helpful - in case it also helps others)

PDSU 2020 Windows 10, 64bit.

Message 13 of 16
knowga
in reply to: Lancasterm

Hello,

I too have been getting this error...and after some non-autodesk community solution...this is how I got my greyed icons back.

thanks to this link

http://www.mcadforums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12723

I found that my inventor had a server connection status as connected, the vault add in was running, the hidden member was running...so i closed inventor and opened vault.

Then open anything from vault and after a series of normal verifications questions from inventor...the file loaded and the greyed out icons were back to normal behaviour!

no reinstalls, no hotfixes...it solved the greyed out icons.

Autodesk need to look at this and add a solution to it happening to a service pack.

I trust the same will help anyone else with this problem.

regards

Gary

Message 14 of 16
brian.latimer

Hi,

Very old issue (for you) I know, but was there a resolution to this issue?

I've just upgraded to Inventor / Vault 2015 and have never yet been able to get the Vault ribbon working correctly.

See attached.

Message 15 of 16
Jonathan.Landeros

Is your active project a Vault Project? 

That would explain it.  If the project is set to "Single User" the icons you describe would gray out. 

====================================================

It is possible to fly without motors, but not without knowledge and skill.
Wilbur Wright

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Message 16 of 16

Thank you for that information and screenshot.

I do not have a Vault project set up yet.

Thanks again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report