Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

Contributor
henrik.andersen
Message 11 of 12 (447 Views)

Re: Inventor 2013 Non-Responsive for long periods of time

10-29-2012 12:00 AM in reply to: johnsonshiue

1. When Inventor behaves slowly, does creating a line in a simple sketch takes a long time? 

- No, this works fine. 

2. After it happens, does rebooting or restarting Inventor help?

- No, 

3. Does uninstalling the service pack and reinstalling it help?

- Have not tried it. But i hade the same problem before installing SP 1.1 

4. If you start a different Inventor release like R2012 or earlier and close it and then restart R2013, does it help?

- No. does nt make any differance. 

I have found out that Inventor behaves differently depeding how i start and how I select the project. When I closed Inventor and then started by double click on my part-file I got the result that Invetor started the Copy Loop with the InventorMaterialLibrary file instead of my own. 

C:\Users\HEAN\AppData\Local\Temp\MaterialLibraries_PID_2bb0\InventorMaterialLibrary(221).adsklib

And I have tried to create and recreate my own library files but when this didn't work I tried a copy of Inventors own material library file. So i do not think I am confusing the program. It is confused from the start.

Contributor
henrik.andersen
Message 12 of 12 (443 Views)

Re: Inventor 2013 Non-Responsive for long periods of time

10-29-2012 12:30 AM in reply to: henrik.andersen

I have now tried to narrowing it down and accually get the same result without creating a custom library file. It was just that the performance imrpoved when I deleted my own project.

Do this to replicate the problem

1. downloaded sampel files from from http://images.autodesk.com/adsk/files/autodesk_inventor_2013_samples.exe 
  2. select "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2013\Samples\Samples.ipj" 
  3. Crete a new part
  4. Start Process Monitor and by selecting Include when right clicking on inventor.exe
    - Process monitor downloaded from http://live.sysinternals.com/Procmon.exe  
  5. Select Derive from [3d Model]>[Create]
  6. select "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2013\Samples\Models\Assemblies\Engine MKII\Engine MKII.iam" 
  7. Inventor will then go into not-responing-mode and if you examine you tempfolder you will find multiple copies of C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Temp\MaterialLibraries_PID_2bb0\InventorMaterialLibrary(???).adsklib 
  8. Go to your  C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2013\Design Data\Materials-folder
  9. Rename  \InventorMaterialLibrary.adsklib and you will find that the program directly returns from non-responsive-mode and displays the Derived Assembly dialog.

This has now been verified on different machines with differenct OS and with SP0/SP1/SP1.1

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.