While working with an Inventor 2013 *.idw some of the dimension lines, extension lines, and learders became invisible, even though you can still see the dimension values and even the arrow heads of the no-show dimensions. Even when printed, the same lines are not there. 2013 Glitch??? And when is the first HotFix coming out??
Solved! Go to Solution.
Solved! by bobvdd. See the answer in context.
I think I have found an explanation for what you are seeing.
This is actually as designed and is the result of the text clipping around hatches and dimensions that we implemented in 2013. See the wiki help:
The easiest way to explain why this happens is to look at this screenshot.
Dimensions sitting within the area designated by the green dots, will be clipped.
To avoid the issue , use smaller textboxes or create the larger (empty) textboxes inside a draft view.
Seems that when I move a dimension around, one or both of the extension lines and sometimes the dimension line disappear; you can still see the arrow head and dimension though. I've played around a little while waiting (for 2013's first service pack... hint-hint-hint...), and noticed when I right-click and hide one of the (already hidden) extension lines, then right-click again and select "Show All Extension Lines", everything pops back one as normal. But once you move the dimension around again, things disappear as before.
ACH! I shouldn't have replied to this thread. Now I caught the contagion, too!
I went to do some dimensioning for the first time in 2013 and look what I get! Lucky me. I tried the same thing psohaney said he tried, setting the ext line to hidden and then setting all ext lines visible and like him as soon as I moved it they disappeared again.
Some playing around has revealed that it's tied to a view being stuck in raster state. I was able to reproduce it by following the exact same steps as I used to create the first drawing. Making a different drawing on a different template with a different (much simpler) file did not reproduce it.
I'll play around with it and see if I can nail down exactly what the connection is here.
I tested the same and couldn't able to reproduce it. Probably need a video demonstrating on what's happening at your end. This would help us to investigate further.
I am working with our development on this. Can you provide a short video and as well as the problematic drawing file for us to do further testing at our end.
Looking forward to your replies.
Here's a simple drawing file where I was able to replicate the problem. It seems to be tied to one of my migrated templates. I'll try to find time later in the day to make a video for you.
It's not reliant on any combination of steps and is very easy for me and my users to reproduce, but only on that one template (posted previously).
Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.