Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2013 Materials/Appearances

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
680 Views, 3 Replies

Inventor 2013 Materials/Appearances

When I created catagories and exit the materials dialog then save the file. I can go back into the file and look at the materials and all of my catagories are gone. Is there something I am not doing to write this information back to the materials library.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Logos_Atum
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello there,

did you check if the libraries are read/write in the project tab?

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Inventor/enu/2013/Help/0000-Installa0/0192-Data_Mig192/0193-Data_Mig193...

It´s the 4. section that might be interesting for you.

Kind regards

Daniel

Dogs aren´t flammable.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Logos_Atum

My library is read/write now. My catagories are staying when closing and opening inventor and my template.

When I create a new part using my template it comes up with a dialog basically saying my template setings differ from currect settings or something like that, how do I update everything including styles materials and appearances.

Also I try to assign a speckle appearance to one of my materials by it does not seem to take and show on a part it defauklts back to the color, how do I use speckle.

Thanks.

Message 4 of 4
maulik_patel
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi!

Are you trying to create an empty category in a library? If yes, Then with closing/re-opening material browser – Empty category will be gone. This is an as designed behavior.

A category with no asset in it is not persisted. Try copying any material in it before closing material browser.

Regarding style mismatch warning while creating a new part from template:-

In the template file there should be a style(material/appearance) who defers from same style in active library in project setting. Because of that you are getting a style mismatch warning while creating a new part.

There are two ways to solves this issue. Either you need to update template file and replace mismatched style with one saved in the active library in project setting or save mismatched style(from template) into active library in project setting.

Try this to update template file–

1. Open template file itself.
  2. From ‘Manage’ tab click on ‘Update’/ Some styles should be listed there.
  3. Click on ‘Yes to all’/ Ok/ Save the file/ Close the file
  4. Try creating a new part from template

-        Warning should be gone.

Try this to save style to active library(make sure you have read/write user style library in project setting)–

1. Open template file itself.
  2. From ‘Manage’ tab click on ‘save’/ Some styles should be listed there.
  3. Click on ‘Yes to all’/ Ok/ Save the file/ Close the file
  4. Try creating a new part from template

-        Warning should be gone.

I hope this helps…

Thank you,

Maulik R Patel (maulikr.patel@autodesk.com)
SQA Engineer, Inventor
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report