Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2013 Loading

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
dmytri.eck
1675 Views, 11 Replies

Inventor 2013 Loading

I have been trying to create a part but Autodesk Inventor says at the bottom, "Loading FeatureCatalog."  It does not progress from there.  It isn't frozen perse because I can press button on the ribbon or minimize/maximize, and close the program but it will not open the development environment.  Any ideas?

Windows 7 64-bit (Service Pack 1)
3.40 GHz Quad Core processor w/ Hyperthreading
8GB Ram
ATI Radeon HD 6450 1GB Ram
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
blair
in reply to: dmytri.eck

System spec's are always a help first: O/S, memory, graphics card & driver version...

You followed all the requirements for installation>

1.) Logged in with Administrative privileges

2.) UAC turned off

3.) Anti-Virus disabled

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 12
dmytri.eck

I've done all of that.  I do not use Anti-virus software as it slows my computer down everytime I have it.  Yet, it still shows Loading FeatureCatalog.  Has anyone run into this problem?

8GB Ram
Message 4 of 12
blair

System spec?

Have you tried loading different parts, or creating new parts, as well as the loading of drawing and assemblies?

Have any directories been moved around on the system or deleted.

Try using a different log-in, you might have a problem with your log-in profile.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 12
dmytri.eck
in reply to: blair

I am reinstalling all of Autodesk Inventor.  I'm deleting all programs and directories. It might have been that there was a conflict between 2012 and 2013.  I'll post back with my results and if it works.

I have also tried opening parts I had created with Inventor 2012 and creating new parts.  Directories were not deleted or moved.

I do, however, get a message that says:

"Cannot load library C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor 2013\Bin\Am.dll"  I don't know if this is the source of my problem.  I have gotten this message twice when I was installing Inventor and Autodesk Electrical.  Does anyone know what causes this problem?

Thanks for all the help.

8GB Ram
Message 6 of 12
blair

There should be a utility on the Autodesk-Inventor website for doing a clean un-install. Handy to clean the Windows Registry of any old entries.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 7 of 12
dmytri.eck
in reply to: blair

I have uninstalled all of autodesk 2012 and 2013 and reinstalled only inventor 2013.  I keep getting an error of "Can't load Am.dll."  Maybe that is the FeatureCatalog that it's looking for.  I'm re-downloading inventor in the hopes that the original download was corrupted...

8GB Ram
Message 8 of 12
blair

Run a utility such as "ccleaner.com" to purge all temp files/folders first.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 9 of 12
dmytri.eck

I have now uninstalled the program and purged all temp files/folders, used the uninstall program that comes with Autodesk, and re-downloaded the program.  I keep getting the same error about Am.dll not being able to load.  I have tried to register the dynamic library with Windows but returns that it cannot be done.

Does anyone know what Am.dll actually does?

8GB Ram
Message 10 of 12
dmytri.eck

Solved - not ideal solution:

After spending many hours installing, uninstalling, reinstalling, cleaning, deleting files, redownloading, etc I decided to reinstall Windows 7.  It was not the ideal option but after realizing that inventor 2012 was also displaying the same error (Am.dll could not be loaded) during its install it dawned on me that it was a systemic problem instead of specific problem with inventor 2013.  I still have no idea what the importance of Am.dll in the grand scheme of things in the program.  I do know that it is important for the appropriate ribbon to disply, ensuring the appropriate datum planes show up and the "FeatureCatalog" is loaded.

For those who run into a similar problem I would recommend that you start backing up your files and start looking for the reinstall discs.  It will, in the long run, save you an enormous amount of time, unless you get lucky and figure it out.  Then please post here. Smiley Happy

Also, thanks to blair for helping me troubleshoot the problem.

8GB Ram
Message 11 of 12
blair

Good to here that it sounds like you have tracked/narrowed the problem down.

About 10 years ago, we added an automatic defrag software to our servers and desk-tops PC's. This reduced the number of (odd) errors throughout the network.

Proper house-keeping on a system helps in the long run. Purging of Temp files and Caches along with regular Defragmentation of the discs keeps the machines running at a optimum level. This is one of the first things I do, if I get called to help out a friend with PC problems.

All desk-top PC's and servers on our network get full back-ups each night and our critical as well as get Defrag software installed before they are placed in service.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 12 of 12
KdeJong

I had the same problem since last friday. Yesterday I opened the setup file and chose for the Repair option. Because of this Inventor was repaired and updated. This solved the problem for me and I don't have those errors anymore now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report