Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2013 Linked Parameters Reference File Path Change

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
342 Views, 1 Reply

Inventor 2013 Linked Parameters Reference File Path Change

Hi, I'm relatively new to inventor, but have been using solidworks/Pro-E for the last few years. As a training excercise and for design intent, I decided to use linked parameters for a recent assembly. I needed parts to reference the assembly and assemblies to reference parts. After receiving an obvious cyclical reference error, I decided to create a "sketch-only part" consisting of all dimensions I needed to pass on. Due to company policy, I had to change the name of my parts to their standards for submission. I noticed, that when I did this, despite updating all part and assembly references, the "linked parameters" were still referencing the old file path.

I could relink all of them, but after you enter the new file path, the "user parameters" cause the new linked parameters to add "_1_2_2..." and so-on, thus making you remane all of the dimensions in the part with the new extension. This is fine for a few, but I have more than a few.

I'm not experienced in iLogic, but I believe this may offer me a solution,

Any suggestions?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
MBeerman
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello i came across the same issue.

The Dirty way to do this is to

1. Make a copy
  2. Change the original file name
  3. Open the copy
  4. Select part/xls you want to reference
  5. save and close
  6. Change original file back to what it was

Side note… not sure what happens if parameters are not there.

what they need is the same button in the drafting manage tab

Reference.JPG

Hope this helps.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report