Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2013 is getting worse and subscription support does not work

20 REPLIES 20
SOLVED
Message 1 of 21
Anonymous
763 Views, 20 Replies

Inventor 2013 is getting worse and subscription support does not work

When I activate an assembly inside of an assembly I loose the ability to right click on a part of the assembly. When you right click the part is no longer high lighted. This sucks and I have to reinstall the software to fix it and it happens a lot. I have been trying to create a support request but the website just sits there and says processing. If an Autodesk person sees this please pass this on to Auotdesk. This is getting back to the days of Inventor 11 and it is killing me.

20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

What selection filter do you have active when this happens?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

I just double click the assembly to activate it. Then I click on a part of the assembly and then right click so I can make it not visible. As soon as I right click the part is no longer high lighted so I cannot do anything and now reinstalling the software does not work. I cannot go through another train wreck with Inventor.

Message 4 of 21
cbenner
Message 5 of 21
JDMather

@alevy wrote:

I just double click the assembly to activate it. Then I click on a part of the assembly and then right click so I can make it not visible. As soon as I right click the part is no longer high lighted so I cannot do anything and now reinstalling the software does not work. I cannot go through another train wreck with Inventor.

That doesn't answer my question, "what selection filter do you have active?" and I'm really having trouble even figuring out your problem description.

Make a very simple assembly (with sub-assembly), whatever is required to reproduce the behavior and attach it here.

Perhaps you can recreate the behavior with one of the samples assemblies and then step-by-step instructions for others to try to reproduce the behavior.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 6 of 21
karthur1

To see the selection filter that JD is talking about, hold down the Shift key then right click.  If Component, Part or Body is not selected here, then that might cause what you are seeing.

2013-05-29_1119.png

Can you right click the part in the browser and turn off the visibility there?  You shouldnt have to, just trying to figure out your problem.

For the support case... try using a different browser.  Sometimes Chrome works for me when IE doesnt.  I just logged into the subscription center and it worked just fine.

Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

I have component priority. The problem is hot and miss. Sometimes it happens and sometimes it does not. The software makes the screen go white a lot now and even black sometimes when the no respnding comes up which is a lot through the day. I have a lot of concerns that this will be another train crash like some of the previous versions.

Message 8 of 21
karthur1

2013 runs really well for us.  I seldom ever have a crash. Maybe once a week if that.

Can you post some specs about your system?  What graphics card are you using? Got latest driver for it?  There is an Update 2 for 2013.  Do you have it installed?

Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
in reply to: karthur1

The problem is hit and miss. It does not happen all of the time. The software is becoming unstable. The not responding pops up a lot and the screen goes white and sometimes black. This worries me that it will be a train crash like some of the previous versions. Chrome worked for the subscription site, thank you.

Message 10 of 21
Anonymous

My system is above and beyond what is needed. I am running a 3.3 GHZ Zeon quad processor with 24 gigs of ram and an Nvidia Quadro 500- with a certified driver. I have installed the latest update for 2013. I had not had a lot of problems at all untill the missing data problem I posted. Since then it does not run well at all.

Message 11 of 21
Anonymous

Quadro 5000 I mean

Message 12 of 21
cbenner

Without anything else to go on, I'd have to say what you are describing is not Inventor related, but system related.  I know you say you're specs are above and beyond, but could something else be wrong?  Do you have good virus protection?  Swap file size issues?  Hard drive space necessary for those swap files?  Are you on a network?  If so, could your network specs be an issue?  I just fond it hard to believe that this is software (Inventor) related.  Not because I LOVE Inventor so much ( Smiley Frustrated )

Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
in reply to: cbenner

I am with you. I have used it for years, since 5.3 and tried others and am still with Inventor. Nothing else shows any problems. I do not sign on to a network, that is suicide on a workstation. I have large solid state hard drives with over 50% space available. All of my software is on my primary and my data is on another. But as I have stated I see not responding a lot on Inventor and it seems to get worase as time goes on.

Message 14 of 21
cbenner

Networking is suicide?  Hmmm, can't say I agree with that one.

You were able to log a service report?  Let us know what they find, unless you're able to put up a file that has the same behavior.

Message 15 of 21
rhasell
in reply to: cbenner

Just a quick one.

I had a lot of display issues with 2013, and it killed my machine.  After I set my Graphics Hardware settings to "Compatibility" everything worked perfectly.

Reg
Please Accept as a solution / Kudos
Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
in reply to: rhasell

Thank you for the information. I changed my settings as you suggested and it has been a lot better than before. I had it set to performance before, which you would think would work. Thank you.

Message 17 of 21
Anonymous

This software is hopeless and this new forum is almost worthless.  Inventor no longer updates your drawings per changes to your 3D model.  I have to now delete all views and put them back in and then re-dimension and create all of the time consuming sketches.  This makes a 10 15 minutes change now 2-3 hours.  THANK GOD I REFUSE TO WORK SALARY AND AM PAID BY THE HOUR.  But this new change inventor behaivor could cost our company right out of business.

STAY AWAY FROM INVENTOR IT IS UNSTABLE and no one AT AUTODESK CARES.

Your should file a fraud complaint against autodesk for not suppling subscipiton support if you are paying for it.  THID IS BLATANT FRAUD which is a felony in all countries and states in the USA.  I think the reason they subsciption support does not work is because no one at autodesk knows how the product works themselves. It is unstable and works differently on different computers.

Have a nice day!

Message 18 of 21
karthur1

@Anonymous wrote:

This software is hopeless and this new forum is almost worthless.  Inventor no longer updates your drawings per changes to your 3D model.  I have to now delete all views and put them back in and then re-dimension and create all of the time consuming sketches. ....

<clip>.

Have a nice day!

On a idw that displays this behaviour, go to the tools>Document Settings, Drawing tab.  Is the "Defer Updates" checked or unchecked?

2013-11-25_0931.png

Message 19 of 21
JDMather

@Anonymous wrote:

But this new change inventor behaivor could cost our company right out of business.

Where are you located?  I can save your company.

Message 20 of 21
Anonymous

Same as it has always been "unchecked". 

Thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report