Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

Valued Mentor
GSE_Dan_A
Message 1 of 3 (487 Views)

Inventor 2013 - Inventor Material Library Not Found

487 Views, 2 Replies
06-15-2012 12:33 PM

Can't seem to locate the Inventor Material Library....under Default in Projects, the Inventor Material Library is highlighted in Red.  Anyone know where I need to browse to inorder to locate it?

Regards.

GSE Consultants Inc.
Windsor, ON. Canada
Valued Mentor
GSE_Dan_A
Message 2 of 3 (464 Views)

Re: Inventor 2013 - Inventor Material Library Not Found

06-18-2012 05:39 AM in reply to: GSE_Dan_A

I open Inventor 2013 and am greeted with this message after accepting the Updating Appearance. I assume this is expected as the original file was created and saved in Inventor 2012.

Error Message 1.jpg

Then when I try to apply a material and I select the silver ball I get this popping up....

Normal Behaviour.jpg

Is this expected behaviour or am I missing a link to someting?

GSE Consultants Inc.
Windsor, ON. Canada
Employee
ChrisMitchell01
Message 3 of 3 (446 Views)

Re: Inventor 2013 - Inventor Material Library Not Found

06-18-2012 04:28 PM in reply to: GSE_Dan_A

See attached for the default location of the Inventor material lib. Do you have this file on disk ?

Your Design Data setting for either the active project or in Application Options may also be coming in to play here. What do you have set for that ?

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Mitchell
Inventor Customer Engagement Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.