Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2013 goes not responding (AdApplicationButton)

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
vishal1.rawal
2996 Views, 6 Replies

Inventor 2013 goes not responding (AdApplicationButton)

Hi,

Every time you work on large assembly or drawings inventor goes not responding and in the task bar an ADApplicationButton could be seen which is running in the background while inventor hangs.

Is this known issue with Inventor and is there any fix for this? Please help.

Thanks

Vishal

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

on task manager, if the memory is still ticking over for inventor process, leave it for half hour, see if it comes back, if the memory has stopped changing it usually means that Inventor has died and you need to restart

Stephen Gibson

View stephen gibson's profile on LinkedIn

Message 3 of 7

Inventor is set to use all Processors, Inventor responds back after about 5-10Mins, some times more.

Message 4 of 7
barsea
in reply to: vishal1.rawal

I understand how frustrating this problem is!

My bet is that you have a 3Dconnexion mouse. When I uninstalled the software drivers for my 3D mouse, these problems went away. When I re-installed the drivers, the problem came back.

I followed the procedure found on the following link and have not experienced the problem since.

http://www.3dconnexion.com/index.php?id=200&faq_red=faq/28

Sean.

Message 5 of 7
barsea

Alternatively, you can try unloading the 3DxInventor addin from Tools>Options>Add-Ins. Apparently it has worked for some people but then it was reported that the buttons on the mouse won't work afterwards.

Sean.

Message 6 of 7
rileybreed

So there is no solution for this yet?

I have a Dell Computer with a Dell mouse and am having this problem.

My computer specs far exceed the recommended:

Xeon Dual CPU (4 cores each) at 2.27GHz each

32GB Ram

64 bit Windows 7 Ultimate

1TB Hard drive

Inventor 2015

Everything is up to date, all drivers up to date, no viruses or malware.

Message 7 of 7
mcgyvr
in reply to: rileybreed

I used to see it quite often.. 

Haven't noticed it in a long time though.. But I'm now working with all my cad files on my local machine vs over the network and we use robo copy to copy them back to the server each night. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report